CF services leaves enzymes at door in 100 degree weather

zoeg

<P>Hello,</P>
<P> </P>
<P>I have been getting more and more annoyed over the past year with CF services.  Overall I think they are great and very easy to deal with.  My one big problem is that my daughter's enzymes are left on our door despite the temps.  We live in Missouri so we have very hot summers and freezing winters.  Kate's enzymes have seen it all!  Isn't this wrong though?  I always thought they were heat/cold sensitive.  Anyone encountered a similiar situation and what do you do?  I've never been offered temperature resistant packaging or anything.  I'd love to keep using them (Walgreens annoys me) but after getting enzymes in 100 degree weather on my door last week I was not thrilled.</P>
<P>Thanks,</P>
<P>Zoe mom to Kate wCF</P>

zoeg

<P>Hello,</P>
<P></P>
<P>I have been getting more and more annoyed over the past year with CF services. Overall I think they are great and very easy to deal with. My one big problem is that my daughter's enzymes are left on our door despite the temps. We live in Missouri so we have very hot summers and freezing winters. Kate's enzymes have seen it all! Isn't this wrong though? I always thought they were heat/cold sensitive. Anyone encountered a similiar situation and what do you do? I've never been offered temperature resistant packaging or anything. I'd love to keep using them (Walgreens annoys me) but after getting enzymes in 100 degree weather on my door last week I was not thrilled.</P>
<P>Thanks,</P>

zoeg

<P><BR>Hello,</P>
<P></P>
<P>I have been getting more and more annoyed over the past year with CF services. Overall I think they are great and very easy to deal with. My one big problem is that my daughter's enzymes are left on our door despite the temps. We live in Missouri so we have very hot summers and freezing winters. Kate's enzymes have seen it all! Isn't this wrong though? I always thought they were heat/cold sensitive. Anyone encountered a similiar situation and what do you do? I've never been offered temperature resistant packaging or anything. I'd love to keep using them (Walgreens annoys me) but after getting enzymes in 100 degree weather on my door last week I was not thrilled.</P>
<P>Thanks,</P>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Can you have them send it to a different address in the summertime? A work address?

We only used CF services pharmacy for adeks and tobi when we were eligible for the tobi foundation as our local family run pharmacy can get us just about anything at the same cost.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Can you have them send it to a different address in the summertime? A work address?

We only used CF services pharmacy for adeks and tobi when we were eligible for the tobi foundation as our local family run pharmacy can get us just about anything at the same cost.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We only used CF services pharmacy for adeks and tobi when we were eligible for the tobi foundation as our local family run pharmacy can get us just about anything at the same cost.

hmw

I would first call the enzyme manufacturer and find out specific parameters from them- what temperature the enzymes need to be stored at in order to remain effective, and how they should be shipped during extreme weather in order to best preserve their effectiveness. See if they can mail or fax this info to you or direct you to where you can find it on their website. You can find storage temp info on the prescribing info, but not likely the ideal way to ship it. With that info in mind, you would be prepared to call CF Services to talk to them about it... have you tried to do so yet? They can't help if they don't know about the problem. Some of the problem could also lie with whomever they use for delivery.

hmw

I would first call the enzyme manufacturer and find out specific parameters from them- what temperature the enzymes need to be stored at in order to remain effective, and how they should be shipped during extreme weather in order to best preserve their effectiveness. See if they can mail or fax this info to you or direct you to where you can find it on their website. You can find storage temp info on the prescribing info, but not likely the ideal way to ship it. With that info in mind, you would be prepared to call CF Services to talk to them about it... have you tried to do so yet? They can't help if they don't know about the problem. Some of the problem could also lie with whomever they use for delivery.

hmw

Printer

<P>It seems to me, that a phone call to the CF Pharmacy would be the first step in clearing up your situation.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Bill</P>

Printer

<P>It seems to me, that a phone call to the CF Pharmacy would be the first step in clearing up your situation.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Bill</P>

Printer

<P><BR>It seems to me, that a phone call to the CF Pharmacy would be the first step in clearing up your situation.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Bill</P>

just1more

First of all, the bottle you got last week is most likely ok.

You don't mention which brand, but per the prescribing information Creon must be stored at room temp <77degF; but can be between 77-104degF for up to 30 days before it as to be discarded. While it has been hot, I don't think it likely broke 104; therefore you should be ok medically.

That said, I'd call CF Services and ask to talk to a pharmacist. Don't take a tech or pharmacy helper, insist on the pharmacist. Then explain your concerns and ask them to either send with signature required, or ship on ice packs (both of which are completely reasonable) during summer months.

just1more

You don't mention which brand, but per the prescribing information Creon must be stored at room temp <77degF; but can be between 77-104degF for up to 30 days before it as to be discarded. While it has been hot, I don't think it likely broke 104; therefore you should be ok medically.

That said, I'd call CF Services and ask to talk to a pharmacist. Don't take a tech or pharmacy helper, insist on the pharmacist. Then explain your concerns and ask them to either send with signature required, or ship on ice packs (both of which are completely reasonable) during summer months.

just1more

<br />
<br />You don't mention which brand, but per the prescribing information Creon must be stored at room temp <77degF; but can be between 77-104degF for up to 30 days before it as to be discarded. While it has been hot, I don't think it likely broke 104; therefore you should be ok medically.
<br />
<br />That said, I'd call CF Services and ask to talk to a pharmacist. Don't take a tech or pharmacy helper, insist on the pharmacist. Then explain your concerns and ask them to either send with signature required, or ship on ice packs (both of which are completely reasonable) during summer months.

theLostMiler

I had that problem once and I called the pharmacy and asked if they would redeliver but they looked up the specs on temperature and they were okay. It was like a certain time frame as well I think.

But yea, basically what Harriet said... and Tom

theLostMiler

I had that problem once and I called the pharmacy and asked if they would redeliver but they looked up the specs on temperature and they were okay. It was like a certain time frame as well I think.

But yea, basically what Harriet said... and Tom

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />But yea, basically what Harriet said... and Tom