CF Services no longer carrying Cayston

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi everyone!

I recently heard that CF Services pharmacy is no longer going to be carrying Cayston. I'm not terribly devastated over this because I've had a ton of billing issues with them. I guess this is the push I needed to finally jump ship. So it looks like I'll be switching to Foundation Care and had a couple questions. For those of you that get it through FC, is the hypertonic saline that you get free with your Cayston the brand name Hypersal? Or generic?? I know it's "just salt water", but I prefer the brand because you get the free Pari cup. If it's generic I'll probably choose the free vitamins instead and continue getting the brand name Hypersal. :) Either way, it's more than I was getting with CF Services. I also read that with each new Cayston fill they give a free sterilizer. Exciting. ;) I'm still using the one I got years ago when I started Cayston, so hoping this ones an upgrade.

Thanks and take care!!

Autumn 34 w/cf

jaimers

Super Moderator
I get Bethkis (new Tobi formulation) through foundation care and they do send "generic" HTS, not the brand name Hyper-sal. I Ended up with a backlog of HTS and switched over to getting the vitamins. They are called Choiceful and are basically the same as the ADEKs/aquadeks without being the brand name. They are the soft gel type vitamin and not the chewables. :)

J

jamest

Where did you hear this? I haven't had any problems with CF Services, they totally automate getting manufacturer assistance for drugs... any other pharmacies offer that kind of service?

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Jamest!

I read it on the CF Roundtable's facebook page. I'm glad you've had good luck with CF Services. I've had nothing but problems getting them to correctly bill my patient assistance programs. Yes, I believe Foundation Care offers the same services regarding the manufacturer programs and other assistance programs, so you should be ok. Hopefully they offer you as good of service as you have been getting! Here is the info that was posted:

Cayston (aztreonam for inhalation solution) Availability 2015

On December 22nd, Gilead sent out a “Dear Healthcare Provider” announcement that they and Cystic Fibrosis Services, Inc. (CFS) Walgreens have mutually agreed that CFS will transition out of the network of pharmacies providing Cayston.
Foundation Care Pharmacy is currently a provider of Cayston (aztreonam for inhalation solution) /Altera nebulizer to CF patients nationwide. They would like the opportunity to assist you in using Cayston.
Foundation Care provides pharmacy services to over 6,000 cystic fibrosis patients nationwide. They have been providing Cayston and support for the Altera device since the product was launched in 2010. They offer full retail pharmacy services and will meet all of your pharmacy needs. Foundation Care will:
Contact CF patients pharmacy, transfer their Cayston prescriptions, perform reimbursement, prior authorization, fulfillment and dispensing services, offer free home delivery of Cayston via Fed Ex next day service, and provide compliance and adherence services to patients, including refill reminders.
In addition, patients receiving Cayston from Foundation Care will also receive at no cost:
• A Nebulizer Cleaning Kit
• Their choice of either: Vitamin D3 (Replesta), Hypertonic Saline or ChoiceFul Vitamins

Take Care,

Autumn

J

jarcia

IV Solutions also provides Cayston, Bethkis, Pulmozyme, vitamins, eRapid, etc. They work with the insurance companies and assistance programs.

CFRPh

YOU HAVE A CHOICE OF PROVIDERS FOR CAYSTON

Hi Folks,

My name is Keith Sledge and I am a pharmacist at Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc. From reading the other posts above, there appears to be a little confusion relating to the status of Cayston providers. For that reason, I am posting the entire letter provided by Gilead regarding this situation. If anyone has a question regarding services offered or insurance situations, I would suggest you call the pharmacy of your choice from the list on the Gilead letter and make the decision which is best for you. The contact numbers for all three pharmacies are contained in the letter below:

clip_image002.gif

December 22, 2014

Dear Healthcare Provider,

We would like to inform you that Gilead Sciences, Inc. and Cystic Fibrosis Services, Inc. (CFS) have mutually agreed that CFS will transition out of the network of pharmacies for Cayston®(aztreonam for inhalation solution). Gilead and CFS are collaborating on a transition process that will occur over the next several months. Effective immediately, CFS will cease servicing patients who are new to Cayston therapy. If you would like to start a new patient on Cayston, please send their prescriptions for Cayston and the Altera nebulizer system to either the Cayston Access Program (CAP) or one of the following in-*‐network pharmacies:

o Foundation Care: Phone 1-*‐877-*‐291-*‐1122; Fax 1-*‐877-*‐291-*‐1155

o IV Solutions: Phone 1-*‐800-*‐658-*‐6046; Fax 1-*‐800-*‐791-*‐7851

o Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc.: Phone 1-*‐800-*‐818-*‐6486; Fax 1-*‐800-*‐818-*‐6490

If sending your prescriptions to the Cayston Access Program, please complete the Statement of Medical Necessity
form and the Cayston Patient Authorization form found on www.cayston.com and fax it to 1-*‐877-*‐550-*‐1705.

For patients on Cayston who are currently being serviced by CFS, they will continue to receive their Cayston refills from CFS without disruption until they can be transitioned to one of the other in-*‐network pharmacies. Transitions of Cayston therapy will be coordinated in consultation with CFS, the patients’ prescriber and the new servicing specialty pharmacy. We anticipate this transition process may take up to 6 months for some patients.

We recognize that this change to our pharmacy network may result in some disruption at your center or office. We greatly appreciate your collaboration and support as we work to ensure that your Cayston patients are serviced without disruption by our pharmacy network.

If you have questions, please call the Cayston Access Program at 1-*‐877-*‐7CAYSTON between the hours of 8am-*‐8pm EST or email us at CaystonInfo@gilead.com.

Sincerely,
Gilead Sciences, Inc.

clip_image004.jpg

Gilead Sciences, Inc. All rights reserved. CAYP0171 12/2014

triples15

Super Moderator
YOU HAVE A CHOICE OF PROVIDERS FOR CAYSTON

Hi Folks,

My name is Keith Sledge and I am a pharmacist at Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc. From reading the other posts above, there appears to be a little confusion relating to the status of Cayston providers. For that reason, I am posting the entire letter provided by Gilead regarding this situation. If anyone has a question regarding services offered or insurance situations, I would suggest you call the pharmacy of your choice from the list on the Gilead letter and make the decision which is best for you. The contact numbers for all three pharmacies are contained in the letter below:

clip_image002.gif

December 22, 2014

Dear Healthcare Provider,

We would like to inform you that Gilead Sciences, Inc. and Cystic Fibrosis Services, Inc. (CFS) have mutually agreed that CFS will transition out of the network of pharmacies for Cayston®(aztreonam for inhalation solution). Gilead and CFS are collaborating on a transition process that will occur over the next several months. Effective immediately, CFS will cease servicing patients who are new to Cayston therapy. If you would like to start a new patient on Cayston, please send their prescriptions for Cayston and the Altera nebulizer system to either the Cayston Access Program (CAP) or one of the following in-*‐network pharmacies:

o Foundation Care: Phone 1-*‐877-*‐291-*‐1122; Fax 1-*‐877-*‐291-*‐1155

o IV Solutions: Phone 1-*‐800-*‐658-*‐6046; Fax 1-*‐800-*‐791-*‐7851

o Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc.: Phone 1-*‐800-*‐818-*‐6486; Fax 1-*‐800-*‐818-*‐6490

If sending your prescriptions to the Cayston Access Program, please complete the Statement of Medical Necessity
form and the Cayston Patient Authorization form found on www.cayston.com and fax it to 1-*‐877-*‐550-*‐1705.

For patients on Cayston who are currently being serviced by CFS, they will continue to receive their Cayston refills from CFS without disruption until they can be transitioned to one of the other in-*‐network pharmacies. Transitions of Cayston therapy will be coordinated in consultation with CFS, the patients’ prescriber and the new servicing specialty pharmacy. We anticipate this transition process may take up to 6 months for some patients.

We recognize that this change to our pharmacy network may result in some disruption at your center or office. We greatly appreciate your collaboration and support as we work to ensure that your Cayston patients are serviced without disruption by our pharmacy network.

If you have questions, please call the Cayston Access Program at 1-*‐877-*‐7CAYSTON between the hours of 8am-*‐8pm EST or email us at CaystonInfo@gilead.com.

Sincerely,
Gilead Sciences, Inc.

clip_image004.jpg

Gilead Sciences, Inc. All rights reserved. CAYP0171 12/2014

Thanks so much for the info! Good to know there are choices. :)