CF Siblings- where are you?

Hfield

Hello Everyone,

My name is Hailley and I am 27 and I currently live in Oakland. I had 2 sisters with CF, one who died at 17 in 2004 and one who died at 25 in 2008. I am the middle child.
I have not met a well sibling of a CF patient who has passed in my life and I wrestle with even wanting to. AT this point in my life I would really like to meet someone who could directly relate to what it is like to grow up in a household with CF siblings, to watch them die, to cope with being "the one who lived," etc. I did once meet a well sibling of a CF patient who was doing really well and seemed to have a more mild case, and while i was so thrilled to hear of any CF patient that is doing well, I felt like I couldn't relate to her because she is lucky enough to still have her sister in her life.

If you are a CF sibling or you know of anyone who is, especially if you/they live in the Bay Area (and even if you don't!) please contact me. I know how hard it can be to reach out and I struggle with it myself but sometimes I have these feelings that I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced this specific loss will understand. Anyone who reads this who thinks they may be able to connect me with other CF siblings whose brothers/sisters have passed on has my permission to share this message however necessary to help me connect with others like me.

Thank you all so much for reading this and I wish health and happiness to you and your families.

Very Sincerely,
Hailley

Hfield

Hello Everyone,

My name is Hailley and I am 27 and I currently live in Oakland. I had 2 sisters with CF, one who died at 17 in 2004 and one who died at 25 in 2008. I am the middle child.
I have not met a well sibling of a CF patient who has passed in my life and I wrestle with even wanting to. AT this point in my life I would really like to meet someone who could directly relate to what it is like to grow up in a household with CF siblings, to watch them die, to cope with being "the one who lived," etc. I did once meet a well sibling of a CF patient who was doing really well and seemed to have a more mild case, and while i was so thrilled to hear of any CF patient that is doing well, I felt like I couldn't relate to her because she is lucky enough to still have her sister in her life.

If you are a CF sibling or you know of anyone who is, especially if you/they live in the Bay Area (and even if you don't!) please contact me. I know how hard it can be to reach out and I struggle with it myself but sometimes I have these feelings that I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced this specific loss will understand. Anyone who reads this who thinks they may be able to connect me with other CF siblings whose brothers/sisters have passed on has my permission to share this message however necessary to help me connect with others like me.

Thank you all so much for reading this and I wish health and happiness to you and your families.

Very Sincerely,
Hailley

alabamamom

Hi Hailley!
I am also a "CF sibling". My sister had CF and passed away at the age of 29 in 2005. I was 24 at the time. It has been a while since your post, so let me know if you are still on here!