CF/Sinusitis/TOBI/Nasel Rinse

torilovex089

I have the sinu-star neb with the nose piece. I do Tobramycin and Calistin. (one mo. on, one mo. off) and it seems to be beneficial. I use to just stick my regular Pari star neb up to my nose, but that way, a lot of the antibiotic gets wasted oviously. But now with the actual nose piece the antibiotic seems to go directly to where you need it the most and none goes to waste, which is great! =)Well best of luck to you!
Victoria 20 w/ CF

torilovex089

I have the sinu-star neb with the nose piece. I do Tobramycin and Calistin. (one mo. on, one mo. off) and it seems to be beneficial. I use to just stick my regular Pari star neb up to my nose, but that way, a lot of the antibiotic gets wasted oviously. But now with the actual nose piece the antibiotic seems to go directly to where you need it the most and none goes to waste, which is great! =)Well best of luck to you!
Victoria 20 w/ CF

torilovex089

Victoria 20 w/ CF

torilovex089

Victoria 20 w/ CF

torilovex089

<br />Victoria 20 w/ CF

tesorotiffa

Cowhstone--

How do you mix the Tobi into your rinses? Do you just squeeze a vial of Tobi into it?! I would really like to try and do an antibiotic nose rinse, but for some reason my doc never seems to think it's important... although I've had horrible sinus issues for a year now. Ugh!

tesorotiffa

Cowhstone--

How do you mix the Tobi into your rinses? Do you just squeeze a vial of Tobi into it?! I would really like to try and do an antibiotic nose rinse, but for some reason my doc never seems to think it's important... although I've had horrible sinus issues for a year now. Ugh!

tesorotiffa

Cowhstone--

tesorotiffa

Cowhstone--

tesorotiffa

Cowhstone--
<br />
<br />How do you mix the Tobi into your rinses? Do you just squeeze a vial of Tobi into it?! I would really like to try and do an antibiotic nose rinse, but for some reason my doc never seems to think it's important... although I've had horrible sinus issues for a year now. Ugh!

Colleen,
By far my most trouble with CF has been sinus related. I've had 20 surgeries on them to date. I have used Tobi in my rinses before, I use pulmocort also. I have MRSA in my sinus and lungs. I've had many unique procedures done to try and put off the total frontal sinus obliteration. They told me 2 weeks ago I need to have it. It is time. It isn't time for me however. I am not comforted by the things I've read regarding that surgery. Instead, I will continue to see my ENT on a weekly basis to get cleaned out. The sinus rinses only do so much but what they do accomplish I am grateful for. All I can say is keep at it. Know that the work needed is worth it. Talk to your clinic and see if you can get the help with any of the insurance issues.
Dave, 48 with CF, MRSA

Colleen,
By far my most trouble with CF has been sinus related. I've had 20 surgeries on them to date. I have used Tobi in my rinses before, I use pulmocort also. I have MRSA in my sinus and lungs. I've had many unique procedures done to try and put off the total frontal sinus obliteration. They told me 2 weeks ago I need to have it. It is time. It isn't time for me however. I am not comforted by the things I've read regarding that surgery. Instead, I will continue to see my ENT on a weekly basis to get cleaned out. The sinus rinses only do so much but what they do accomplish I am grateful for. All I can say is keep at it. Know that the work needed is worth it. Talk to your clinic and see if you can get the help with any of the insurance issues.
Dave, 48 with CF, MRSA

Colleen,
Dave, 48 with CF, MRSA

Colleen,
Dave, 48 with CF, MRSA

Colleen,
<br />By far my most trouble with CF has been sinus related. I've had 20 surgeries on them to date. I have used Tobi in my rinses before, I use pulmocort also. I have MRSA in my sinus and lungs. I've had many unique procedures done to try and put off the total frontal sinus obliteration. They told me 2 weeks ago I need to have it. It is time. It isn't time for me however. I am not comforted by the things I've read regarding that surgery. Instead, I will continue to see my ENT on a weekly basis to get cleaned out. The sinus rinses only do so much but what they do accomplish I am grateful for. All I can say is keep at it. Know that the work needed is worth it. Talk to your clinic and see if you can get the help with any of the insurance issues.
<br />Dave, 48 with CF, MRSA

jtbyers45

Hi Dave,

I had the right frontal obliteration 2 years ago. I still get sinus infections all the time. The only differences it really made are that I don't get pain on my forhead (just in the cheek area now) and I don't get fevers as often. I probably would still have gone through it knowing what I do now because I was pretty miserable.

jtbyers45

Hi Dave,

I had the right frontal obliteration 2 years ago. I still get sinus infections all the time. The only differences it really made are that I don't get pain on my forhead (just in the cheek area now) and I don't get fevers as often. I probably would still have gone through it knowing what I do now because I was pretty miserable.

jtbyers45

Hi Dave,

jtbyers45

Hi Dave,

jtbyers45

Hi Dave,
<br />
<br />I had the right frontal obliteration 2 years ago. I still get sinus infections all the time. The only differences it really made are that I don't get pain on my forhead (just in the cheek area now) and I don't get fevers as often. I probably would still have gone through it knowing what I do now because I was pretty miserable.