Cf symptoms appearing when breastfeeding/nursing discontinued?

LouLou

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Grassisgreener, What did your DD's poop look like when you say she wasn't absorbing milk as well as she was breastmilk? I hope you don't mind me asking :) Just want to know what to look out for.

Littlemansmom, THanks for the tip of Lactmed.com I had gone to Thomas Hale's website and reference his book but the lactmed site is a great addition to my knowledge base. I was so excited to see examples of cf patients mentioned in some of the meds I'm going to be taking.

Rebjane, Don't you think the banked milk is reserved for babies with visible problems? Do you think my son would stand a chance at getting any of it? My understanding is that it is prescribed by doctors. I could ask his cf doctor and see what he says. Any idea if they are usually well supplied or often running low? I'd hate to take milk for my fatty (21 lbs. at 7 mo's!!) from some premmie.

LouLou

Grassisgreener, What did your DD's poop look like when you say she wasn't absorbing milk as well as she was breastmilk? I hope you don't mind me asking :) Just want to know what to look out for.

Littlemansmom, THanks for the tip of Lactmed.com I had gone to Thomas Hale's website and reference his book but the lactmed site is a great addition to my knowledge base. I was so excited to see examples of cf patients mentioned in some of the meds I'm going to be taking.

Rebjane, Don't you think the banked milk is reserved for babies with visible problems? Do you think my son would stand a chance at getting any of it? My understanding is that it is prescribed by doctors. I could ask his cf doctor and see what he says. Any idea if they are usually well supplied or often running low? I'd hate to take milk for my fatty (21 lbs. at 7 mo's!!) from some premmie.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou