CF / Type1 diabetes challenge

Murgie

I have a 13 year old son with Cf and type 1 diabetes, his blood sugars are always high, no matter how much insulin we add or how we manage the meals etc. Any suggestions? Sam just returned from a tune up, still has overly high blood sugars and complains often of lower back pain. He is not very active physically so I cannot figure out where the back pain is coming from, but something is telling me we are missing a clue to an underlying health issue.

Murgie

I have a 13 year old son with Cf and type 1 diabetes, his blood sugars are always high, no matter how much insulin we add or how we manage the meals etc. Any suggestions? Sam just returned from a tune up, still has overly high blood sugars and complains often of lower back pain. He is not very active physically so I cannot figure out where the back pain is coming from, but something is telling me we are missing a clue to an underlying health issue.

Murgie

pink2kool

hey i have cystic fibrosis, and type 1 diabetes, and im a 14 year old girl. Ive had diabetes for about 4 years .. my bloodsugars can be all over, but it jus takes a while to get the right numbers. what really helps is exercising, eating right, and counting your carbs. ive been drinking alot of water which helps, especially if i have high bloodsugar. Also, i had to take shots of insulin for a couple years, which didnt help as much. Ive had the pump for a couple years, and that really helps me. it gives me insulin throughout the whole day, and i jus put my carbs in the pump and it gives me insulin, only have to get a shot every 2-3 days. you should check into it. hope i helped a little...
if you wanna talk more im not on here much but you could contact me on aim or facebook, or your son could if you want to message me !

pink2kool

hey i have cystic fibrosis, and type 1 diabetes, and im a 14 year old girl. Ive had diabetes for about 4 years .. my bloodsugars can be all over, but it jus takes a while to get the right numbers. what really helps is exercising, eating right, and counting your carbs. ive been drinking alot of water which helps, especially if i have high bloodsugar. Also, i had to take shots of insulin for a couple years, which didnt help as much. Ive had the pump for a couple years, and that really helps me. it gives me insulin throughout the whole day, and i jus put my carbs in the pump and it gives me insulin, only have to get a shot every 2-3 days. you should check into it. hope i helped a little...
if you wanna talk more im not on here much but you could contact me on aim or facebook, or your son could if you want to message me !

pink2kool

<br />if you wanna talk more im not on here much but you could contact me on aim or facebook, or your son could if you want to message me !

Ayekay19

Im not sure if the back pain is from diabetes? but i have it and cf as well... and i have some back pain mostly in my shoulders.. im not sure what causes it as well... mabye sitting up and playing video games to much haha

Ayekay19

Im not sure if the back pain is from diabetes? but i have it and cf as well... and i have some back pain mostly in my shoulders.. im not sure what causes it as well... mabye sitting up and playing video games to much haha

Ayekay19

seleven

have you considered looking into the insulin pump? I have had type 1 diabetes as well as CF for 16 years and a few years back I got a pump and it has tightened my control significantly! I would really recommend it, and as a bonus, so many less needle pokes!

seleven

have you considered looking into the insulin pump? I have had type 1 diabetes as well as CF for 16 years and a few years back I got a pump and it has tightened my control significantly! I would really recommend it, and as a bonus, so many less needle pokes!

seleven

Havoc

I would venture a guess that his back pain might be due to his sedentary lifestyle. Maybe some light exercise daily ( a walk around the block)?

Havoc

I would venture a guess that his back pain might be due to his sedentary lifestyle. Maybe some light exercise daily ( a walk around the block)?

Havoc

Murgie

Sam in with double pneumonia

Thank you all for the information, I would like it if sam would be the one to reach out to others his age with these complications, but he is shy. We tried the pump last year and it simply was too difficult for Sam to manage, we may try again however.
w arrived at the hospital yesterday due to the extreme fatigue and high blood sugars, sure enough its double pneumonia, and thats most likely why th eback pain..ALSO TOO MUCH x box...

Murgie

Thank you all for the information, I would like it if sam would be the one to reach out to others his age with these complications, but he is shy. We tried the pump last year and it simply was too difficult for Sam to manage, we may try again however.
w arrived at the hospital yesterday due to the extreme fatigue and high blood sugars, sure enough its double pneumonia, and thats most likely why th eback pain..ALSO TOO MUCH x box...

Murgie

<br />w arrived at the hospital yesterday due to the extreme fatigue and high blood sugars, sure enough its double pneumonia, and thats most likely why th eback pain..ALSO TOO MUCH x box...
<br />