CFers That Workout

C

cfsucks

Yes, this isn't in the right forum category, but it doesnt seem like the "Excercise and Fitness" gets much attention, but it should be one of the most important imo.

Anyways... I was just wondering for those people with CF who workout to "gain weight" how do you do it? I mean I will workout consistently, increase my weights, and get stronger, but not gain a pound and not look a pound heavier.

I know diet with bodybuilding is very important, but what do some of you guys do/eat?
What type of training as given you the most gains? (I was on the 5 by 5 plan, 5 sets, 5 reps, and saw some decent strength gains)

I'm not a big fan of cardio because I try to keep on weight not lose it, but I'm starting to run more and cycle now that summer has started.

The only site I can find about CF and bodybuilding is this...
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cystic.htm
">http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cystic.htm
</a>
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I was eating 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight and trying to eat just as many calories as I could possibly manage (about 1500-2000 per day). Within 3 months I had gained 30 pounds!! For once I had an almost normal body for my age.</end quote></div>

I don't know how he managed to gain so much weight with only 1500-2000 per day, as for me to gain weight I think I'd need more than double that.

When I tried to gain weight I would eat high calorie shakes, low fat, lots of pitas lol, tuna, etc. And I did gain weight, but all it seemed to be was belly weight. I would just be bloated, and once I took a ***** I'd pretty much lose all the weight. Just a couple days ago I wanted to see how much my weight shifted throughout the day. From morning (empty stomach) to late afternoon I had gained 9 pounds. And it dropped back down 2 pounds before bed.

So this post is all over the place, but yeah any tips on gaining weight/working out/etc.

C

cfsucks

Yes, this isn't in the right forum category, but it doesnt seem like the "Excercise and Fitness" gets much attention, but it should be one of the most important imo.

Anyways... I was just wondering for those people with CF who workout to "gain weight" how do you do it? I mean I will workout consistently, increase my weights, and get stronger, but not gain a pound and not look a pound heavier.

I know diet with bodybuilding is very important, but what do some of you guys do/eat?
What type of training as given you the most gains? (I was on the 5 by 5 plan, 5 sets, 5 reps, and saw some decent strength gains)

I'm not a big fan of cardio because I try to keep on weight not lose it, but I'm starting to run more and cycle now that summer has started.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cystic.htm
</a>
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I was eating 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight and trying to eat just as many calories as I could possibly manage (about 1500-2000 per day). Within 3 months I had gained 30 pounds!! For once I had an almost normal body for my age.</end quote></div>

I don't know how he managed to gain so much weight with only 1500-2000 per day, as for me to gain weight I think I'd need more than double that.

When I tried to gain weight I would eat high calorie shakes, low fat, lots of pitas lol, tuna, etc. And I did gain weight, but all it seemed to be was belly weight. I would just be bloated, and once I took a ***** I'd pretty much lose all the weight. Just a couple days ago I wanted to see how much my weight shifted throughout the day. From morning (empty stomach) to late afternoon I had gained 9 pounds. And it dropped back down 2 pounds before bed.

So this post is all over the place, but yeah any tips on gaining weight/working out/etc.

C

cfsucks

</a>

C

cfsucks

</a>
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I was eating 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight and trying to eat just as many calories as I could possibly manage (about 1500-2000 per day). Within 3 months I had gained 30 pounds!! For once I had an almost normal body for my age.</end quote>

C

cfsucks

<br />
<br />Anyways... I was just wondering for those people with CF who workout to "gain weight" how do you do it? I mean I will workout consistently, increase my weights, and get stronger, but not gain a pound and not look a pound heavier.
<br />
<br />I know diet with bodybuilding is very important, but what do some of you guys do/eat?
<br />What type of training as given you the most gains? (I was on the 5 by 5 plan, 5 sets, 5 reps, and saw some decent strength gains)
<br />
<br />I'm not a big fan of cardio because I try to keep on weight not lose it, but I'm starting to run more and cycle now that summer has started.
<br />
<br />The only site I can find about CF and bodybuilding is this...
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cystic.htm
</a><br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I was eating 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight and trying to eat just as many calories as I could possibly manage (about 1500-2000 per day). Within 3 months I had gained 30 pounds!! For once I had an almost normal body for my age.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I don't know how he managed to gain so much weight with only 1500-2000 per day, as for me to gain weight I think I'd need more than double that.
<br />
<br />When I tried to gain weight I would eat high calorie shakes, low fat, lots of pitas lol, tuna, etc. And I did gain weight, but all it seemed to be was belly weight. I would just be bloated, and once I took a ***** I'd pretty much lose all the weight. Just a couple days ago I wanted to see how much my weight shifted throughout the day. From morning (empty stomach) to late afternoon I had gained 9 pounds. And it dropped back down 2 pounds before bed.
<br />
<br />So this post is all over the place, but yeah any tips on gaining weight/working out/etc.
<br />
<br />
<br />

C

cfsucks

oh yeah... I remember there was a bodybuilder with CF on this site... anyone remember him? I'll try to find his posts.

C

cfsucks

oh yeah... I remember there was a bodybuilder with CF on this site... anyone remember him? I'll try to find his posts.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

jfarel

There are two weight lifter's that I know of. One guy competes in competitions. One's name I believe is Markus. I think if you search through the exercise forum you can find there names and pm them.

jfarel

There are two weight lifter's that I know of. One guy competes in competitions. One's name I believe is Markus. I think if you search through the exercise forum you can find there names and pm them.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

lightNlife

I've been able to successfully gain muscle weight, but it took awhile! You have to really work at it on a daily basis.

I thought you'd be interested to know that I've been able to gain weight WITHOUT protein shakes or weight gain supplements. I've found that those protein things are way too hard on my kidneys, and it was very, very difficult for me to figure out how many enzymes to take with the supplements.

What I've noticed is that I gain weight much more effectively when I have high carbs (particularly pasta) and protein that isn't necessarily a big hunk of steak. I eat a lot of cheeses and yogurts. I also eat pretty much the same thing every day. I view food as fuel, and by thinking that way, I have the best results.

lightNlife

I've been able to successfully gain muscle weight, but it took awhile! You have to really work at it on a daily basis.

I thought you'd be interested to know that I've been able to gain weight WITHOUT protein shakes or weight gain supplements. I've found that those protein things are way too hard on my kidneys, and it was very, very difficult for me to figure out how many enzymes to take with the supplements.

What I've noticed is that I gain weight much more effectively when I have high carbs (particularly pasta) and protein that isn't necessarily a big hunk of steak. I eat a lot of cheeses and yogurts. I also eat pretty much the same thing every day. I view food as fuel, and by thinking that way, I have the best results.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />I thought you'd be interested to know that I've been able to gain weight WITHOUT protein shakes or weight gain supplements. I've found that those protein things are way too hard on my kidneys, and it was very, very difficult for me to figure out how many enzymes to take with the supplements.
<br />
<br />What I've noticed is that I gain weight much more effectively when I have high carbs (particularly pasta) and protein that isn't necessarily a big hunk of steak. I eat a lot of cheeses and yogurts. I also eat pretty much the same thing every day. I view food as fuel, and by thinking that way, I have the best results.
<br />
<br />