Cfpaf

triples15

Super Moderator
Yikes, I just received this email from the Cystic Fibrosis Patient Assistance Foundation. Comes as quite a surprise that they are shutting down at the end of the year. I briefly looked at the Healthwell website to check out the guidelines and see what meds they provide assisance with, but it doesn't even show CF as a covered disease. It's a little concerning, how will this Healthwell agency cover the influx of CF patients? I'm guessing somehow the CFF will be funneling money there as opposed to the CFPAF. Hmmmm.. I hoping the assistance remains the same for those of us who use it. I wonder what government regulations they are referring to that led to this. The CFPAF and all the people there have been wonderful to me for the last few years, so this is a bit of a bummer. :(

Dear Autumn:

Thank you for your continued participation in the Cystic
Fibrosis Patient Assistance Foundation (CFPAF) co-pay program. We’re writing
today to share some important news. As a result of new government regulations,
we are closing CFPAF at the end of the year to ensure that the Cystic Fibrosis
Foundation (CFF) continues to meet the highest standards.

We know this news
comes unexpectedly. CFF cares about your health and well-being and will help
transition you to a high-quality, nonprofit financial support program, offered
by the HealthWell Foundation®. We are committed to a transition with no
disruption or “gap” in your financial support.

HealthWell’s benefits include
co-payment and co-insurance assistance for CF therapies and prescribed vitamins
and supplements. Simplified annual enrollment at HealthWell means that you can
enroll more quickly with less paperwork. CFF will contribute annually to support
patient assistance.

Although CFPAF is closing, CFF remains committed to
helping you with your financial and insurance issues and providing you with
legal information.

To allow CFF to smoothly transition your enrollment to the
HealthWell Foundation®, please click the link below to print, sign and return
the authorization form by October 15,

https://www.cff.org/PDF-Archive/Authorization-to-Release-Identifiable-Information/
The
authorization form may be faxed (877-868-5952), emailed (parc@cff.org) or sent
via mail to:

CFPAF
6931 Arlington Rd, Ste 200
Bethesda, MD 20814

We have
also sent you a hard copy of this letter to the home address we have on file for
you with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

If you have any questions on
this transition, please reach out to one of our dedicated, knowledgeable case
managers at 888-315-4154 or email us at parc@cff.org Monday – Friday from 8:30
a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.

Thank you again for your participation in
CFPAF.

Sincerely,

Cystic Fibrosis Patient Assistance Foundation

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi everyone, just an update. I received a phone call from a gal named Sierra with the CFF in regards to the transfer to this new foundation. She was very nice and informative. Apparently, this new HealthWell is creating a new program for CF patients (which is why there's no mention of CF on their site yet) that will be funded by the CFF but now administrated by this new company. So for the the most part it will be the same, just a new company managing the program. She said it will actually be an improvement in some areas as enrollment will be easier and they will cover VITAMINS! She said the income guidelines for qualification will remain the same.

Hope that helps in case anyone else was concerned! :)

Autumn

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Hey Autumn,
Thanks so much for sharing! I actually didn't know anything about the organization (we have excellent co-pay coverage by the state program), but I bet there might be some others new to CF who don't know what they do or the basic limits, etc. Any quick summary you can share?

W

welshwitch

Woot! Getting vitamins covered would be amazing! They cost me so much $$$!!!

triples15

Super Moderator
Hey Autumn,
Thanks so much for sharing! I actually didn't know anything about the organization (we have excellent co-pay coverage by the state program), but I bet there might be some others new to CF who don't know what they do or the basic limits, etc. Any quick summary you can share?

Absolutely! The Cystic Fibrosis Patient Assistance Foundation provides copay assistance for CF specific medications. They are a payer of last resort, meaning they pay after your insurance and any copay card programs you are enrolled in pays. In my case, they pick up my $100 copays for Cayston AND Pulmozyme and leave me with ZERO copay. They also cover Hypersal and my enzymes. I'm not on Tobi, but that is another covered med. So all I pay for is albuterol, Advair, zithromax, and vitamins. I've been enrolled for several years now and it's an amazing program and they have been some great folks to work with. Anytime I've had billing problems (which is often with CF Services), they've been the ones to finally get it straightened out. I haven't used their other services, but I think they provide guidance with health insurance and applying for Social Security Disability as well.

One of the best things about them is have less stringent income guidelines than many programs. You can make up to 400% of the federal poverty level and still qualify. For our family of 3 that means we can make around $83,000 annually and still qualify. We are getting pretty close to that, so this may be my last enrollment year. :( Those $100 copays will really stink if/when I have to start paying out of pocket, which is why I'm so appreciative that they've been around. It really really helps to lessen the financial burden of CF! I'd encourage anyone who thinks they may qualify to apply. However, I see now that their website is gone, it must be in preparation for this transition to HeathWell. Hopefully HeathWell's website is updated soon to show the new CF program!

Thanks for the question. Hopefully this will help others who don't know about it. :)