CFRD questions

JoAnn

Last year my son had a borderline 2 hour glucose tolerance test. His numbers were higher than they would like but after taking sugars at home over many days - it was decided he has cfrd but to only treat with insulin if over 200 or on steroids. Neither of which has happened over the past year.
This year we are re-checking with an Ipro blood glucose sensor for a 3 day period. I am a type I diabetic without cf so my interpretation of his numbers would still be to treat the same way. Just curious to hear from those dealing with glucose issues. His fasting is between 100 and 125. All of his others including before meals, bed, and 2 hour post meals are between 96 and 140. These numbers are reflective of MAJOR carb loading which is what they suggested. Thoughts?
Thanks!

JoAnn

Last year my son had a borderline 2 hour glucose tolerance test. His numbers were higher than they would like but after taking sugars at home over many days - it was decided he has cfrd but to only treat with insulin if over 200 or on steroids. Neither of which has happened over the past year.
This year we are re-checking with an Ipro blood glucose sensor for a 3 day period. I am a type I diabetic without cf so my interpretation of his numbers would still be to treat the same way. Just curious to hear from those dealing with glucose issues. His fasting is between 100 and 125. All of his others including before meals, bed, and 2 hour post meals are between 96 and 140. These numbers are reflective of MAJOR carb loading which is what they suggested. Thoughts?
Thanks!

T

TonyaH

Hi Jo Ann,
I am taking my son to his first endocrinology appointment tomorrow morning. His OGTT two hour was 253 at his last appointment, so we have to meet with endocrinology to find out what we need to do. Because his number was not terribly high, I don't know what to expect. I can let you know what our hospital recommends about a normal fasting glucose (110) and our two hour of 253.

T

TonyaH

Hi Jo Ann,
I am taking my son to his first endocrinology appointment tomorrow morning. His OGTT two hour was 253 at his last appointment, so we have to meet with endocrinology to find out what we need to do. Because his number was not terribly high, I don't know what to expect. I can let you know what our hospital recommends about a normal fasting glucose (110) and our two hour of 253.