CFRD?

Mom2ThreeZA

My dd has had some abnormal random blood sugar levels. She had an HbA1c of 5.9 a few months ago with a normal 2hr OGTT of 114 after 2 hours. We have been told to monitor her sugar levels once a day at home and her fasting sugar levels are always normal (< 100) and her levels after 2hr after meals are usually elevated (been up to 220, but not always so high), and the levels usually come down to between 126 and 144 before the next meal, but as I say, we only test once a day, so the information we are getting is not totally comprehensive. She has been healthy for the last few months (after treating for Pseudomonas and coming up clear after the treatment), but her lung functions are lower than usual. The endocrinologist and CF doctors say she does not have diabetes and does not need treatment, but I am concerned about the levels being elevated. Does anyone have any experience and able to give some advice?
Thanks

B

BikerEd

I have that problem, is she on enzymes (parden my spelling I'm on my phone) its like a rearted action from the pancrease where as it has a delayed reaction to releasing insulan to deal with the bodies sugar levels. Its something to watch but I only check my sugars levels once a day. And only every other month.

Mistyjo

My daughter is also having high readings occasionally and her OGTT was normal. She sees endo on the 31st. I am requesting a continuous glucose monitor for two weeks so we get a good idea of what's going on with her. How old is your daughter?

Mom2ThreeZA

Hi Mistyjo
Thanks for your reply too. I would be very interested to hear how things go with the Endo. My dd is 12, so about the age where they start monitoring for CFRD anyway I think.