Change in stools

Mom2girls

My 9 yr old doesn't have a diagnosis but is being treated similarly to kids with CF due to her symptoms (passed sweat test and nothing found through genetic testing). Her lungs have been great this yr and only one bad sinus infection. Her issue has been stomachaches after most meals. Often, but not always, she'll have a BM which is much looser than used to be. Can be large and sometimes mushy. She used to be constipated all the time. She lost 4 lbs this fall so they put her on cyproheptadine and she gained rapidly....10 lbs in 2 months. She's off that now. Her GI thinks she just has hyper gastrocolic reflex (think I got that right). I just don't know how to help her....needing to sit on the toilet for long periods of time after most meals doesn't seem right. Any ideas of what we can try to get more normal stools and decrease the need for toilet sitting after meals?
Oh, she was tested and found to be pancreatic sufficient last yr.

Mom2girls

She's on 3 tsp miralax/day. Stomach seemed worse when dose was higher. She has had severe constipation 3 times in past couple yrs. ER visits and almost hospitalized b/c would throw up the drinks with high amts of miralax. She sits so long b/c her stomach hurts and she feels like she needs to poo. I can't get her to swallow the ibgard peppermint capsules so I don't know if that would help.