change in sweat test numbers?

Munkeesmama

Does a change in sweat test numbers indicate anything? My daughters first sweat test numbers were 19 and 22 about 2 years ago. Here numbers from this month were 24 in both arms. Do the rising of the numbers mean anything or because they're still in the "normal" range and not much change not indicate much? She has had the ambry test but they recommended further testing.

Munkeesmama

Does a change in sweat test numbers indicate anything? My daughters first sweat test numbers were 19 and 22 about 2 years ago. Here numbers from this month were 24 in both arms. Do the rising of the numbers mean anything or because they're still in the "normal" range and not much change not indicate much? She has had the ambry test but they recommended further testing.

Munkeesmama

M

Mommafirst

I don't believe that change is statistically meaningful. There are always going to be minor fluctuations in anything quantifiable. Seeing as sweat test number is not an indicator of CF severity (or so I was told), it would seem that this change doesn't really matter.

M

Mommafirst

I don't believe that change is statistically meaningful. There are always going to be minor fluctuations in anything quantifiable. Seeing as sweat test number is not an indicator of CF severity (or so I was told), it would seem that this change doesn't really matter.

M

Mommafirst

S

SarahProcter

19, 22, and 24 are all basically the same result, and are securely in the "normal" range. I would not be concered at the uptick from 22 to 24.

S

SarahProcter

19, 22, and 24 are all basically the same result, and are securely in the "normal" range. I would not be concered at the uptick from 22 to 24.

S

SarahProcter

Munkeesmama

I know they are normal, they just seem a bit "higher" than I was hoping (would have felt more secure with anything under 15). We known she has a mutation which can act like a gene, so we are waiting for the deletion testing next.

Munkeesmama

I know they are normal, they just seem a bit "higher" than I was hoping (would have felt more secure with anything under 15). We known she has a mutation which can act like a gene, so we are waiting for the deletion testing next.

Munkeesmama