Charging for DAFCF...

julie

I need some feedback here and welcome your opinions please!!!!!
Would you use DAFCF (www.dafcf.org) for services if they charged on a contingent fee basis? Meaning, as a client you woudn't pay unless your case (SSA, VA, medical/medicaid, insurance claims denials...) was WON, and it would be a set fee across the board. In addition, that "fee" would be a donation to a nonprofit, so it would also be tax deductible.
I'm honestly considering this with a heavy heart and as a very last resort, but the donations are just not coming in, and the $ just isn't there to continue helping with cases. The average case costs about $350 (give or take) so I was thinking a minimum fee of $250. Lawyers get 25% of backpay, to a maximum of $6000. I am NOT a lawyer, but I have a 67/0 wins/loses track record.
Opinions, feedback? Anyone who needs some community service and wants to work on some fundraising efforts?

JustDucky

I don't think it is bad to ask for a fee, your services undoubtedly have helped so many. Even better that it would be a tax deduction, so it is a win win situation. I wish I had the $ to donate to your organization.

Jenn 40 wCF

hmw

That is more than reasonable! Non-profits still have to cover their operating expenses and this is not a burdensome fee at all for the service you provide- especially since you would only charge those who win their case.

I understand why you feel as you do approaching this as a last resort... but you offer a valuable service that needs a way to remain sustainable. Wishing you the best as you work this out!

julie

Thanks for the feedback guys!!!! Does the amount listed above seem reasonable as a minimum suggested amount?