Chest pain when breathing?

Fancymushroom

Hey,

Since last night I've had a quite uncomfortable feeling when I take a deepish breath in, it is mostly in my right side, and is all over the ribs and around the back a little bit. I can hear a few crackly sounds/sqeaks on a deep breath in and some wheezing, too, but I'm hardly coughing at all, which makes me think that I haven't got an infection. I do have slightly sensitive skin all over though, although there is not a fever at the moment.

It seems strange that I am this uncomfortable in my breathing when I haven't got a cough. What can I do, and do any of you get this when you're well?

Fancymushroom

Hey,

Since last night I've had a quite uncomfortable feeling when I take a deepish breath in, it is mostly in my right side, and is all over the ribs and around the back a little bit. I can hear a few crackly sounds/sqeaks on a deep breath in and some wheezing, too, but I'm hardly coughing at all, which makes me think that I haven't got an infection. I do have slightly sensitive skin all over though, although there is not a fever at the moment.

It seems strange that I am this uncomfortable in my breathing when I haven't got a cough. What can I do, and do any of you get this when you're well?

Fancymushroom

Hey,

Fancymushroom

Hey,

Fancymushroom

Hey,
<br />
<br />Since last night I've had a quite uncomfortable feeling when I take a deepish breath in, it is mostly in my right side, and is all over the ribs and around the back a little bit. I can hear a few crackly sounds/sqeaks on a deep breath in and some wheezing, too, but I'm hardly coughing at all, which makes me think that I haven't got an infection. I do have slightly sensitive skin all over though, although there is not a fever at the moment.
<br />
<br />It seems strange that I am this uncomfortable in my breathing when I haven't got a cough. What can I do, and do any of you get this when you're well?

Marjolein

Are you short of breathe too?
I don't want to scare you but it could be pneumothorax. But I don't know about the crackles with that, or it could be that. Or could it be that you feel air leaking? I felt that, like a soft bubbly feeling and it hurt really much when I had a very small pneumothorax.

I hope you'll find out what it is soon

Marjolein

I don't want to scare you but it could be pneumothorax. But I don't know about the crackles with that, or it could be that. Or could it be that you feel air leaking? I felt that, like a soft bubbly feeling and it hurt really much when I had a very small pneumothorax.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />I don't want to scare you but it could be pneumothorax. But I don't know about the crackles with that, or it could be that. Or could it be that you feel air leaking? I felt that, like a soft bubbly feeling and it hurt really much when I had a very small pneumothorax.
<br />
<br />I hope you'll find out what it is soon

Fancymushroom

No, not short of breath but tired. I've had a collapsed lung and it's definately not as bad as that! It definately feels like mucusy squeaks, not air escaping.

Thanks for your reply and your concern. I think if it gets no better over the next day or two then I'll call the clinic.

Fancymushroom

No, not short of breath but tired. I've had a collapsed lung and it's definately not as bad as that! It definately feels like mucusy squeaks, not air escaping.

Thanks for your reply and your concern. I think if it gets no better over the next day or two then I'll call the clinic.

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom

<br />
<br />Thanks for your reply and your concern. I think if it gets no better over the next day or two then I'll call the clinic.

JazzysMom

I would suggest some warm compresses & some manual CPT in the general area.

It could be some major plugs. If pain intereferes with being able to do CPT then I would contact the clinic sooner!

If it is plugs this should help get them moving. In addition to some extra nebs!

The only other thing that I can think of is fluid on the lung which I had, but didnt know it. That was extremely painful tho. I was put on Percocet & Vicodin (different times) to control the pain. It was unbelievable pain! An ultrasound had to be done after the xray showed some fluid, but the ultrasound showed how much was there!

JazzysMom

It could be some major plugs. If pain intereferes with being able to do CPT then I would contact the clinic sooner!

If it is plugs this should help get them moving. In addition to some extra nebs!

The only other thing that I can think of is fluid on the lung which I had, but didnt know it. That was extremely painful tho. I was put on Percocet & Vicodin (different times) to control the pain. It was unbelievable pain! An ultrasound had to be done after the xray showed some fluid, but the ultrasound showed how much was there!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />It could be some major plugs. If pain intereferes with being able to do CPT then I would contact the clinic sooner!
<br />
<br />If it is plugs this should help get them moving. In addition to some extra nebs!
<br />
<br />The only other thing that I can think of is fluid on the lung which I had, but didnt know it. That was extremely painful tho. I was put on Percocet & Vicodin (different times) to control the pain. It was unbelievable pain! An ultrasound had to be done after the xray showed some fluid, but the ultrasound showed how much was there!
<br />
<br />