chest tubes and pain

summer732

Getting those chest tubes out was the best thing. They are more annoying than painful, but I agree, they hurt during the bed baths. Make sure to take pain meds before the nurse comes in.

Having them taken out wasn't too bad. They didn't numb me or anything, my sister held my hand and they pulled it out, no stitches, just covered it right up with gauze. I was fine, but my sister, well she passed out from watching. It was actually quite hilarious.

summer732

Getting those chest tubes out was the best thing. They are more annoying than painful, but I agree, they hurt during the bed baths. Make sure to take pain meds before the nurse comes in.

Having them taken out wasn't too bad. They didn't numb me or anything, my sister held my hand and they pulled it out, no stitches, just covered it right up with gauze. I was fine, but my sister, well she passed out from watching. It was actually quite hilarious.

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />Having them taken out wasn't too bad. They didn't numb me or anything, my sister held my hand and they pulled it out, no stitches, just covered it right up with gauze. I was fine, but my sister, well she passed out from watching. It was actually quite hilarious.

CountryGirl

I think they are more annoying while they are in, they didnt hurt really bad till they were actually taking them out. I screamed but it took like 5 seconds to pull and them you felt instant relief! It was so quick they dont really need to do anything extra for the pain cause its like "that" and by the time you realise it hurt, it feels better.

CountryGirl

I think they are more annoying while they are in, they didnt hurt really bad till they were actually taking them out. I screamed but it took like 5 seconds to pull and them you felt instant relief! It was so quick they dont really need to do anything extra for the pain cause its like "that" and by the time you realise it hurt, it feels better.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

athanasia

I had 6 tubes. The first two didnt hurt. My docs had a trick for me. They told me to take a deep breath and as I did, they pulled it out in one fast pull. I felt nothing. and the stiches were already in from my surgon putting in the tubes and just needed to be tied. The next two were taken out by a 'fellow' (just in case someone doesnt know, a guy who follows a surgon, like an apprentice I guess you could say) and he wanted to use the numbing stuff. He injected the site and it burned so much. And for a good 10 min after. I didnt let him do the other side. I told him what the other doc did and he tried that, the problem was he didnt have a good enough grip on the tube and only had it half out while I taking the breath and then ripped the rest out. That was painful, but as already stated, only for the seconds after then gone. The last two I made sure the one that pulled out the first ones pulled them out. And again, no pain. I dont know if that helps or not.

athanasia

I had 6 tubes. The first two didnt hurt. My docs had a trick for me. They told me to take a deep breath and as I did, they pulled it out in one fast pull. I felt nothing. and the stiches were already in from my surgon putting in the tubes and just needed to be tied. The next two were taken out by a 'fellow' (just in case someone doesnt know, a guy who follows a surgon, like an apprentice I guess you could say) and he wanted to use the numbing stuff. He injected the site and it burned so much. And for a good 10 min after. I didnt let him do the other side. I told him what the other doc did and he tried that, the problem was he didnt have a good enough grip on the tube and only had it half out while I taking the breath and then ripped the rest out. That was painful, but as already stated, only for the seconds after then gone. The last two I made sure the one that pulled out the first ones pulled them out. And again, no pain. I dont know if that helps or not.

athanasia

athanasia

athanasia