Children understanding the seriosness

T

tarheel

okay- from a "kid's" perspective- I'm turning 16 soon and starting my sophmore year of highschool.
It is really hard to understand the long term goals thing. I still have trouble with it. my mom shrieks at me "I want you to be well enough so you can go to UNC!! (university of north carolina, chapel hill :)) I mean, I get it in my head, but I can think of 500 better things to do with the two hours I spend on treatments. Like sleeping. Though I do do that too while I do treatments in the morning. Not a morning person. The scandishake thing- well, they actually dont taste so great when you have to chug them 3 times a day. When I was 7 I had to- but now I'm 5'0 and 125 lbs. Ice cream for breakfast is way better- and it worked for me when I needed to gain weight. But overall- I think he understands the seriousness of all this. However- he is a kid, and wants to be (within reason) treated like one- not bombarded with " YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OR YOU'LL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING AND NEVER BE ABLE TO BE TRUSTED ON YOUR OWN" - a quote from my mom, which I've heard frequently. and definately get the vest. though dont expect it to cut treatment time- it actually upped mine from 25 to 30 mins per session- and now I do usually 3 sessions a day, but it definately keeps my lungs clearer than manual percussion.

T

tarheel

okay- from a "kid's" perspective- I'm turning 16 soon and starting my sophmore year of highschool.
It is really hard to understand the long term goals thing. I still have trouble with it. my mom shrieks at me "I want you to be well enough so you can go to UNC!! (university of north carolina, chapel hill :)) I mean, I get it in my head, but I can think of 500 better things to do with the two hours I spend on treatments. Like sleeping. Though I do do that too while I do treatments in the morning. Not a morning person. The scandishake thing- well, they actually dont taste so great when you have to chug them 3 times a day. When I was 7 I had to- but now I'm 5'0 and 125 lbs. Ice cream for breakfast is way better- and it worked for me when I needed to gain weight. But overall- I think he understands the seriousness of all this. However- he is a kid, and wants to be (within reason) treated like one- not bombarded with " YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OR YOU'LL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING AND NEVER BE ABLE TO BE TRUSTED ON YOUR OWN" - a quote from my mom, which I've heard frequently. and definately get the vest. though dont expect it to cut treatment time- it actually upped mine from 25 to 30 mins per session- and now I do usually 3 sessions a day, but it definately keeps my lungs clearer than manual percussion.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

<br />It is really hard to understand the long term goals thing. I still have trouble with it. my mom shrieks at me "I want you to be well enough so you can go to UNC!! (university of north carolina, chapel hill :)) I mean, I get it in my head, but I can think of 500 better things to do with the two hours I spend on treatments. Like sleeping. Though I do do that too while I do treatments in the morning. Not a morning person. The scandishake thing- well, they actually dont taste so great when you have to chug them 3 times a day. When I was 7 I had to- but now I'm 5'0 and 125 lbs. Ice cream for breakfast is way better- and it worked for me when I needed to gain weight. But overall- I think he understands the seriousness of all this. However- he is a kid, and wants to be (within reason) treated like one- not bombarded with " YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OR YOU'LL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING AND NEVER BE ABLE TO BE TRUSTED ON YOUR OWN" - a quote from my mom, which I've heard frequently. and definately get the vest. though dont expect it to cut treatment time- it actually upped mine from 25 to 30 mins per session- and now I do usually 3 sessions a day, but it definately keeps my lungs clearer than manual percussion.

V

valigirl21

I just wanted to let you know that I am currently in your shoes. My son is 9 and 2 months ago he emptied one of his inhalers instead of taking it. When I caught him and asked him why he did that he threw all the meds onto the floor. I'm glad I'm not alone in the struggle, thanks for posting this question.

V

valigirl21

I just wanted to let you know that I am currently in your shoes. My son is 9 and 2 months ago he emptied one of his inhalers instead of taking it. When I caught him and asked him why he did that he threw all the meds onto the floor. I'm glad I'm not alone in the struggle, thanks for posting this question.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21