Chiropractors and CF

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>soderick</b></i>

This is something I've been wanting to ask. I went to a chiropractor once when I coughed a rib out of place, but I've never gone just for an alignment. In the past few months, I've been feeling like I want to see one because I can feel my back out of alignment, and I feel like it's keeping me from fully engaging in lung clearance. The problem is that I have osteopoenia and am on Foxamax for it. I don't know how safe it is to see a chiropractor when I have weak bones. Any ideas about that?</end quote></div>

A good chiropractor will tell you if they can/cant work with you depending on the meds you are on. When I was on steroids (even inhaled) my Chiro wanted to know because he said it wouldnt prevent him treating me, but it would change HOW he treated me.

I, personally, didnt see any difference in his ways, but I trust him LOL!

JazzysMom

This is something I've been wanting to ask. I went to a chiropractor once when I coughed a rib out of place, but I've never gone just for an alignment. In the past few months, I've been feeling like I want to see one because I can feel my back out of alignment, and I feel like it's keeping me from fully engaging in lung clearance. The problem is that I have osteopoenia and am on Foxamax for it. I don't know how safe it is to see a chiropractor when I have weak bones. Any ideas about that?</end quote></div>

A good chiropractor will tell you if they can/cant work with you depending on the meds you are on. When I was on steroids (even inhaled) my Chiro wanted to know because he said it wouldnt prevent him treating me, but it would change HOW he treated me.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

This is something I've been wanting to ask. I went to a chiropractor once when I coughed a rib out of place, but I've never gone just for an alignment. In the past few months, I've been feeling like I want to see one because I can feel my back out of alignment, and I feel like it's keeping me from fully engaging in lung clearance. The problem is that I have osteopoenia and am on Foxamax for it. I don't know how safe it is to see a chiropractor when I have weak bones. Any ideas about that?</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />This is something I've been wanting to ask. I went to a chiropractor once when I coughed a rib out of place, but I've never gone just for an alignment. In the past few months, I've been feeling like I want to see one because I can feel my back out of alignment, and I feel like it's keeping me from fully engaging in lung clearance. The problem is that I have osteopoenia and am on Foxamax for it. I don't know how safe it is to see a chiropractor when I have weak bones. Any ideas about that?</end quote>
<br />
<br />A good chiropractor will tell you if they can/cant work with you depending on the meds you are on. When I was on steroids (even inhaled) my Chiro wanted to know because he said it wouldnt prevent him treating me, but it would change HOW he treated me.
<br />
<br />I, personally, didnt see any difference in his ways, but I trust him LOL!
<br />
<br />

TwistedTanya

I went to a chiropractor for lower back pain for a few months and got adjustments, massage, and heated ultra sound therapy and eventually it went away. I think it took longer b/c of all my coughing. So it definately helps but I did have one problem. I have a big open hole in my right upper lobe and some of the manuevers required my chiro's body weight to crack my back and that pressure led to increased pain in that area so I had to cut that part of my therapy out.

TwistedTanya

I went to a chiropractor for lower back pain for a few months and got adjustments, massage, and heated ultra sound therapy and eventually it went away. I think it took longer b/c of all my coughing. So it definately helps but I did have one problem. I have a big open hole in my right upper lobe and some of the manuevers required my chiro's body weight to crack my back and that pressure led to increased pain in that area so I had to cut that part of my therapy out.

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

ChevyZ71

My dad has been seeing the same Chiro for about 20+ years now. I went with him when I was a kid but never did get anything done.

Then the first part of this year I was hospitalized many times and when I got out my lower back was kiling me, I could barley stand and it hurt real bad to sit. Mr CF Dr thought it was becuase of my kidneys and said it was becuase of the high doses of antibiotics. So I delt with it a few more weeks and finay my father made me go see his Chiropractor, it was akward at first when he walked in becuase they tell you to take of your shirt and he saw my port and G-tube, and was asking about it. He thought he might screw it up or somthing but I reasherd him that he wouldnt do anything to it that my GF hasnt done. He worked on me and now I feel great, no more lower back pain.

It was the first time in about 7 years I have went and now I wish I woud have went sooner.

BTW when I was younger or local Chiro tried to do accupuncture, not sure if It worked but I did it every week for about a year or so.

ChevyZ71

My dad has been seeing the same Chiro for about 20+ years now. I went with him when I was a kid but never did get anything done.

Then the first part of this year I was hospitalized many times and when I got out my lower back was kiling me, I could barley stand and it hurt real bad to sit. Mr CF Dr thought it was becuase of my kidneys and said it was becuase of the high doses of antibiotics. So I delt with it a few more weeks and finay my father made me go see his Chiropractor, it was akward at first when he walked in becuase they tell you to take of your shirt and he saw my port and G-tube, and was asking about it. He thought he might screw it up or somthing but I reasherd him that he wouldnt do anything to it that my GF hasnt done. He worked on me and now I feel great, no more lower back pain.

It was the first time in about 7 years I have went and now I wish I woud have went sooner.

BTW when I was younger or local Chiro tried to do accupuncture, not sure if It worked but I did it every week for about a year or so.

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

<br />
<br />Then the first part of this year I was hospitalized many times and when I got out my lower back was kiling me, I could barley stand and it hurt real bad to sit. Mr CF Dr thought it was becuase of my kidneys and said it was becuase of the high doses of antibiotics. So I delt with it a few more weeks and finay my father made me go see his Chiropractor, it was akward at first when he walked in becuase they tell you to take of your shirt and he saw my port and G-tube, and was asking about it. He thought he might screw it up or somthing but I reasherd him that he wouldnt do anything to it that my GF hasnt done. He worked on me and now I feel great, no more lower back pain.
<br />
<br />It was the first time in about 7 years I have went and now I wish I woud have went sooner.
<br />
<br />BTW when I was younger or local Chiro tried to do accupuncture, not sure if It worked but I did it every week for about a year or so.