Christmas Cards

sdavis227

Hi everyone. I am currently getting ready to send off Christmas cards and I've had this feeling that I should be sending some sort of info about CF along with them. Does anyone do this? Any ideas??

sdavis227

Hi everyone. I am currently getting ready to send off Christmas cards and I've had this feeling that I should be sending some sort of info about CF along with them. Does anyone do this? Any ideas??

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227

JORDYSMOM

I have not done this in the past, but I think it's a great opportunity to educate and spread awareness. So many people give freely this time of year. I don't have any brilliant ideas, but I think adding a Great Strides pamphlet or some small note to remind folks that CF research needs funds. CF isn't as "popular" as say cancer research. You have inspired me! Thank you.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I have not done this in the past, but I think it's a great opportunity to educate and spread awareness. So many people give freely this time of year. I don't have any brilliant ideas, but I think adding a Great Strides pamphlet or some small note to remind folks that CF research needs funds. CF isn't as "popular" as say cancer research. You have inspired me! Thank you.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

I understand the idea of trying to educate family and friends at one time by including information in your Christmas cards. I have never incorporated CF into Christmas, but I have used my Christmas mailing list to send out information about Great Strides when we do our fundraising. The CFF near you should have information cards or sample letters from other parents explaining what CF is if you really wanted to do that. Are you trying to get the word out that your little guy has CF, or do people already know and you want to send information to them? I may be able to dig up some old letters I wrote that went in our letter writing campaign for our first Great Strides. Let me know!

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

I understand the idea of trying to educate family and friends at one time by including information in your Christmas cards. I have never incorporated CF into Christmas, but I have used my Christmas mailing list to send out information about Great Strides when we do our fundraising. The CFF near you should have information cards or sample letters from other parents explaining what CF is if you really wanted to do that. Are you trying to get the word out that your little guy has CF, or do people already know and you want to send information to them? I may be able to dig up some old letters I wrote that went in our letter writing campaign for our first Great Strides. Let me know!

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

sdavis227

I think everyone knows that he has CF but I don't think many people understand what it is, and since it is hereditary, I was thinking informative as well as it would be nice if some money could go to research. I at first was thinking about the mailing labels that CFF.org sends for free. We have gotten them and with them they send a little card asking for contributions. I was thinking this would be nice, if people wanted to get some mailing labels, ( and then possibly donating as well as getting more info about CF), but I have only been able to find a way of signing up from online. So to answer your question, I kind of wanted people to understand what CF is and possibly understanding would help them want to donate.
It always kind of gets me when I see all the commercials and people helping lukemia and lymphoma, aids and all this other stuff (which I understand is important) but since CF is more rare, it seems it gets no attention.
I have also thought about just waiting until Great Strides next year (we did not participate this year) but thought it might be nice3 to do something in the cards as well.

sdavis227

I think everyone knows that he has CF but I don't think many people understand what it is, and since it is hereditary, I was thinking informative as well as it would be nice if some money could go to research. I at first was thinking about the mailing labels that CFF.org sends for free. We have gotten them and with them they send a little card asking for contributions. I was thinking this would be nice, if people wanted to get some mailing labels, ( and then possibly donating as well as getting more info about CF), but I have only been able to find a way of signing up from online. So to answer your question, I kind of wanted people to understand what CF is and possibly understanding would help them want to donate.
It always kind of gets me when I see all the commercials and people helping lukemia and lymphoma, aids and all this other stuff (which I understand is important) but since CF is more rare, it seems it gets no attention.
I have also thought about just waiting until Great Strides next year (we did not participate this year) but thought it might be nice3 to do something in the cards as well.

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227