Christmas cough

Rebjane

Super Moderator
It never fails that this time of year is hard. Too many germs. My daughter had a dry cough last week(I was hoping it would go away, trying to ignore)..She had a routine CF appointment last week. This week she started feeling more yucky, tired increase in cough(really dry and irritated cough, yesterday she had a fever:( called the clinic and sure enough she grew some staph. She's on high dose Bactrim started that yesterday...We are planning on going to visit family at the end of the week. Today her lungs had a few squeaks which cleared....Not sure if this trip will happen...Feel like we are always disappointing our family.

cam

I know how it feels to b sick on holiday iam right now im trin to remember it can happen at anytime but it still sucks I hope she gets better and everyone has a wonderful Christmas

MGrossan

Green tea with lemon and honey often helps. Even a teaspoon of honey helps cough. Humming is good because it stimulates the bronchial cilia.
Best way to cause a cough is to remain in wet clothes from the cold.
If cough is from bacteria dripping from the sinuses, adding three teaspoons of xylitol to the pulsatile nasal irrigation reduces bacteria count. see www.grossaninstitute.com