chronic coughing from post nasal drip

Nancy

My son Charlie who is 9 years old seem to have more sinus problems than lung issues although he is on Tobia for his lungs. He always recovers from it and within 3-4 weeks is coughing again. We seem to be on every kind of medicine for it like nasal spray, pulmozyme using mask to get to nasal passages, etc. Does anyone have the same sort of thing and what do you do to control it? Thanks for your help!

MerryBerryFairy

Hello! I am 13 and i had the same problem. We had tried everything beyond everything. I live in Oregon, and I went to OHSU, Dorenbecker. I went to Dr.McArther and she said that I should get a surgery. We set it up and I got the Surgery. What they did was they cleaned out my sinuses that were clogged w/ mucous (they took CT scans) and opened up my nasal passages. Ever since the surgery I've noticed that I sneeze more and I cant feel all of the mucous dripping down my throat. It helped a lot, and even though I still cough, I still think that the surgery was very helpful! I hope this helped you!I'll be praying for you! Merritt

anonymous

Hi there. My daughter is 12 and has had alot of sinus problems along with her CF. Our Pulmonary doctor sent her to an ENT who ordered a CAT Scan and found polyps. She has now had about 6 sinus surgeries for polyps. She does great after surgery for awhile but, unfortunately, polyps keep coming back. This means more surgery. It seems to be a cycle, but it works in between!