Chronic Pancreatitis

tesorotiffa

My grandfather has chronic pancreatitis. He is taking Creon enzymes for weight gain. I know this isn't a CF-related question exactly, but he is wanting to gain more weight. He cannot take steroids,and he has a major problem with nausea. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can help him do in order to get fat!?

tesorotiffa

My grandfather has chronic pancreatitis. He is taking Creon enzymes for weight gain. I know this isn't a CF-related question exactly, but he is wanting to gain more weight. He cannot take steroids,and he has a major problem with nausea. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can help him do in order to get fat!?

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

juliepie

marinol has really helped me with both nausea and gaining weight. i've been on it for about a month and have gained 10 pounds and my nausea is completely controlled for the first time in almost two years. i should note that i do have a g-tube, which helps SO much, but I went from eating/keeping down about 500 calories a day and not keeping down my night feeds to eating and keeping down 1500-2000 on my own, then 2000 at night on top of that. it's worth a try if his doctors don't have a problem with it.

good luck to both of you!

juliepie

marinol has really helped me with both nausea and gaining weight. i've been on it for about a month and have gained 10 pounds and my nausea is completely controlled for the first time in almost two years. i should note that i do have a g-tube, which helps SO much, but I went from eating/keeping down about 500 calories a day and not keeping down my night feeds to eating and keeping down 1500-2000 on my own, then 2000 at night on top of that. it's worth a try if his doctors don't have a problem with it.

juliepie

juliepie

juliepie

<br />
<br />good luck to both of you!