Cipro-How many times a day do you take it?

MCPappy

I was just wondering how many times a day people are perscribed to take it. I have two different sets of doctors (one at home and one down at college) and at Stanford they have me take 750 mg 2x a day and at USC they make me take 750 mg 3x a day. 3x a day seems like a lot to me, when it seems like 2x a day works just the same...

I was just curious what everyone elses normal dose is.

Thanks

Melissa

MCPappy

I was just wondering how many times a day people are perscribed to take it. I have two different sets of doctors (one at home and one down at college) and at Stanford they have me take 750 mg 2x a day and at USC they make me take 750 mg 3x a day. 3x a day seems like a lot to me, when it seems like 2x a day works just the same...

Thanks

Melissa

MCPappy

Thanks

Melissa

anonymous

3 times a day for 750 mg is right.

depends on your height and weight and how resistant your PA is to your class of antibiotics.

but 750mg TID is about right....

anonymous

depends on your height and weight and how resistant your PA is to your class of antibiotics.

anonymous

littletally

When I take it it's 750 twice a day. I suppose just like everything else Docs do things a little different everywhere you go.

Nikki
27/f/cf

littletally

When I take it it's 750 twice a day. I suppose just like everything else Docs do things a little different everywhere you go.

Nikki
27/f/cf

littletally

Nikki
27/f/cf

Giggles

I can not tolerate the 750mg twice a day. So, I take 500mg , 3X a day and that seems to keep the upset stomach under control. However, I do get really loose stools when on Cipro( I know TMI)

Jennifer 34 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I can not tolerate the 750mg twice a day. So, I take 500mg , 3X a day and that seems to keep the upset stomach under control. However, I do get really loose stools when on Cipro( I know TMI)

Jennifer 34 years old with CF and CFRD