cleaning nebs

cfgirl1992

I'm going to be living in a college dorm next year with no kitchen. I was wondering if anyone has been in a situation similar and had ideas on how to serilize nebs without access to a stove.

cfgirl1992

I'm going to be living in a college dorm next year with no kitchen. I was wondering if anyone has been in a situation similar and had ideas on how to serilize nebs without access to a stove.

cfgirl1992

M

Mommafirst

Will you have a microwave in your dorm room? You can get a steam sterilizer that goes into the microwave. Or, they have ones that just plug in. They are in the baby area of places like Target and Walmart -- they are meant for baby bottles but hold neb parts very well. They will come out of there wet, so you may want a rubbermaid box to let them dry and then cover so that it doesn't sit open in your room. I remember dorm rooms -- not the cleanest of places.

Good luck -- I'm sure college will be a blast!!!

M

Mommafirst

Will you have a microwave in your dorm room? You can get a steam sterilizer that goes into the microwave. Or, they have ones that just plug in. They are in the baby area of places like Target and Walmart -- they are meant for baby bottles but hold neb parts very well. They will come out of there wet, so you may want a rubbermaid box to let them dry and then cover so that it doesn't sit open in your room. I remember dorm rooms -- not the cleanest of places.

Good luck -- I'm sure college will be a blast!!!

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Good luck -- I'm sure college will be a blast!!!

P

pencf

Buy a bottle sterilizer, all you need is an electric outlet and destilled water.

P

pencf

Buy a bottle sterilizer, all you need is an electric outlet and destilled water.

P

pencf

P

pencf

Our clinic does not recommend microwave sterilizers...not sure why....but they were very specific, do not buy a micro sterilizer.

P

pencf

Our clinic does not recommend microwave sterilizers...not sure why....but they were very specific, do not buy a micro sterilizer.

P

pencf

MargaritaChic

I agree with the other poster, buy a plug in bottle sterilizer. We recently bought one and it has made cleaning Emma's nebs much easier.

I put a meat thermometer in it the first time I used it... to make sure if got hot enough to kill the germs. It got to 190 degrees!

I LOVE IT!

MargaritaChic

I agree with the other poster, buy a plug in bottle sterilizer. We recently bought one and it has made cleaning Emma's nebs much easier.

I put a meat thermometer in it the first time I used it... to make sure if got hot enough to kill the germs. It got to 190 degrees!

I LOVE IT!

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I put a meat thermometer in it the first time I used it... to make sure if got hot enough to kill the germs. It got to 190 degrees!
<br />
<br />I LOVE IT!

rcq925

When on vacation we use a Hot Pot, that boils water right in the pot. I got it a Target for about $15. I personally think that boiling is the only way to get the nebs completely sterile. I do not trust the bags or the microwave sterilizers. Just my opinion.

rcq925

When on vacation we use a Hot Pot, that boils water right in the pot. I got it a Target for about $15. I personally think that boiling is the only way to get the nebs completely sterile. I do not trust the bags or the microwave sterilizers. Just my opinion.

rcq925

carrierae21

We just got a bottle sterilizer that can keep them sterile for 24 hours so you don't have to take them out to dry, you can just keep them in the sterilizer for the whole 24 hours in less if you do nebs more than once a day.

carrierae21

We just got a bottle sterilizer that can keep them sterile for 24 hours so you don't have to take them out to dry, you can just keep them in the sterilizer for the whole 24 hours in less if you do nebs more than once a day.