cleaning nebs

cfgirl1992

I'm going to be living in a college dorm next year with no kitchen. I was wondering if anyone has been in a situation similar and had ideas on how to serilize nebs without access to a stove.

cfgirl1992

I'm going to be living in a college dorm next year with no kitchen. I was wondering if anyone has been in a situation similar and had ideas on how to serilize nebs without access to a stove.

cfgirl1992

<br />

curb24

My mom discovered you can clean them using...

A Baby bottle steralizer!! We use "Avent SCF271/07" for the microwave.

Of course you need to clean them with a little soap before hand and rinse that out. Then put them in the baby bottle steralizer with 200ml of water in the microwave for 5 - 10 minutes. We put ours on the highest setting of heat. It's imortant to get that model my mom has tried out a bunch for us and some melt wth the neb kits.

curb24

A Baby bottle steralizer!! We use "Avent SCF271/07" for the microwave.

Of course you need to clean them with a little soap before hand and rinse that out. Then put them in the baby bottle steralizer with 200ml of water in the microwave for 5 - 10 minutes. We put ours on the highest setting of heat. It's imortant to get that model my mom has tried out a bunch for us and some melt wth the neb kits.

curb24

<br />
<br />A Baby bottle steralizer!! We use "Avent SCF271/07" for the microwave.
<br />
<br />Of course you need to clean them with a little soap before hand and rinse that out. Then put them in the baby bottle steralizer with 200ml of water in the microwave for 5 - 10 minutes. We put ours on the highest setting of heat. It's imortant to get that model my mom has tried out a bunch for us and some melt wth the neb kits.

tleigh

There are also electric bottle sterilizers. I wash mine in soap and water, rinse and put in the sterilizer. Push the button and in 12 min---sterilizes nebs.

tleigh

There are also electric bottle sterilizers. I wash mine in soap and water, rinse and put in the sterilizer. Push the button and in 12 min---sterilizes nebs.

tleigh

newfie5

Gabrielle, My daughter just finished her first year of university in Canada. she had a microwave in her room and she used Medela sterilization bags they are used for breast pumps but work great for sterilizing nebs. Just make sure your neb can be steamed and will not melt. They are inexpensive and one bag is good for ten sterilizations. Look for them where they sell Medela breast feeding products.

newfie5

Gabrielle, My daughter just finished her first year of university in Canada. she had a microwave in her room and she used Medela sterilization bags they are used for breast pumps but work great for sterilizing nebs. Just make sure your neb can be steamed and will not melt. They are inexpensive and one bag is good for ten sterilizations. Look for them where they sell Medela breast feeding products.

newfie5

Lance2020x

For years I sterilized with Vinegar, 1part water 1part vinegar. Only recently did I start using a stove and sterilizing with water, but I still use vinegar for a deeper sterilization.

Also you can buy little mini single burner stoves that plug into the wall.

Lance2020x

For years I sterilized with Vinegar, 1part water 1part vinegar. Only recently did I start using a stove and sterilizing with water, but I still use vinegar for a deeper sterilization.

Also you can buy little mini single burner stoves that plug into the wall.

Lance2020x

<br />
<br />Also you can buy little mini single burner stoves that plug into the wall.

Candi

When we travel, we just use a 50/50 vinegar and water solution. It sterilizes, and keeps the nebs from getting a build up from hard water.

Candi

When we travel, we just use a 50/50 vinegar and water solution. It sterilizes, and keeps the nebs from getting a build up from hard water.

Candi