Cleaning Your Nebulizer Pieces

Alyssa

nicole781

Are you referring to the germ guardian or something similar to it? It is a dryer/sanitizer only, you would still have to wash the neb cups in hot soapy water, rinse, and then you can put them in the sterilizer to dry.

Our nurse recommended we still boil every once in a while just to make sure all the medication is getting completely out of the little parts and cup.

Alyssa

nicole781

Are you referring to the germ guardian or something similar to it? It is a dryer/sanitizer only, you would still have to wash the neb cups in hot soapy water, rinse, and then you can put them in the sterilizer to dry.

Our nurse recommended we still boil every once in a while just to make sure all the medication is getting completely out of the little parts and cup.

Alyssa

nicole781

Alyssa

nicole781

Alyssa

nicole781

Jem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Alyssa</b></i>

But what I really love having is one of these:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.amazon.com/Germ-Guardian-NS-2000-Nursery-Sanitizer/dp/B000G27DHA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4523086-2563263?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1188444389&sr=8-1
">http://www.amazon.com/Germ-Gua...88444389&sr=8-1
</a>

it is really nice to know that things are heated up and completely dry - no more sitting things out on the counter forever!</end quote></div>

I bought one last year after I saw it mentioned here on the forum and I absolutely love it. I would buy it again if the one I had ever broke. I am a bit of a germ freak so I boil my nebs after each use but I love how I can place them in this and they dry so beautifully and quickly. No more having the neb pieces lying around on paper towels...YAY!

Jem

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.amazon.com/Germ-Guardian-NS-2000-Nursery-Sanitizer/dp/B000G27DHA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4523086-2563263?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1188444389&sr=8-1
</a>

it is really nice to know that things are heated up and completely dry - no more sitting things out on the counter forever!</end quote></div>

I bought one last year after I saw it mentioned here on the forum and I absolutely love it. I would buy it again if the one I had ever broke. I am a bit of a germ freak so I boil my nebs after each use but I love how I can place them in this and they dry so beautifully and quickly. No more having the neb pieces lying around on paper towels...YAY!

Jem

</a>

Jem

</a>

it is really nice to know that things are heated up and completely dry - no more sitting things out on the counter forever!</end quote>

Jem

</a>

it is really nice to know that things are heated up and completely dry - no more sitting things out on the counter forever!</end quote>

jamie6girl

Hey Jem and Alyssa

How often do you boil your nebs since using the Germ Guardian? Also, how long can you leave the nebs in there after the product finishes its job?

This seems like a really good investment!

I was looking back on some of the old threads, and I saw where someone uses a small dishwasher (I believe it was Amy?) and that seems really cool. However, I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money right now, so this Germ Guardian would be more economical.

jamie6girl

Hey Jem and Alyssa

How often do you boil your nebs since using the Germ Guardian? Also, how long can you leave the nebs in there after the product finishes its job?

I was looking back on some of the old threads, and I saw where someone uses a small dishwasher (I believe it was Amy?) and that seems really cool. However, I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money right now, so this Germ Guardian would be more economical.

jamie6girl

Hey Jem and Alyssa

jamie6girl

Hey Jem and Alyssa

jamie6girl

Hey Jem and Alyssa

Jem

You are right Amy does use a dishwasher for her eflow neb cup. I considered it but for me it seemed like there is a lot of water and energy being used for this single purpose twice a day and you would have to have counter space dedicated for it. I also like using destilled water to boil in as it does not leave a white residue on the neb cups. I believe Walmart online might have a countertop dishwasher if you are interested.

I use the eflow system so I don't have a luxury of a bunch of neb cups like I did before so I boil my neb pieces after each use as I would rather be safe than sorry. I then put them in the Germ Guardian to dry and I leave it in there till my next use. It has a nice cover on it with a few slots on top. You can if you want cover the top with a paper towel if you feel it is necessary for protection.

If I knew for sure that pseudomonas was killed by the Germ Guardian then I wouldn't be so concerned about boiling every time but 99.9% is not 100 so I take the extra time to boil. I love how the Germ Guardian drys the pieces so beautifully. In the past I could leave them out overnight on a paper towel and they stll might not be totally dry. I would shake the neb pieces to make sure they were dry and sometimes I would find water droplets coming out of the part where the tubing joins the neb cup. This is the reason I bought the Germ Guardian.

Also if I cannot boil my neb pieces right away I handwash them then boil later when it is convenient for me...then put it in the Germ Guardian to dry for my next treatment.

Hope this helps.

Jem

You are right Amy does use a dishwasher for her eflow neb cup. I considered it but for me it seemed like there is a lot of water and energy being used for this single purpose twice a day and you would have to have counter space dedicated for it. I also like using destilled water to boil in as it does not leave a white residue on the neb cups. I believe Walmart online might have a countertop dishwasher if you are interested.

I use the eflow system so I don't have a luxury of a bunch of neb cups like I did before so I boil my neb pieces after each use as I would rather be safe than sorry. I then put them in the Germ Guardian to dry and I leave it in there till my next use. It has a nice cover on it with a few slots on top. You can if you want cover the top with a paper towel if you feel it is necessary for protection.

If I knew for sure that pseudomonas was killed by the Germ Guardian then I wouldn't be so concerned about boiling every time but 99.9% is not 100 so I take the extra time to boil. I love how the Germ Guardian drys the pieces so beautifully. In the past I could leave them out overnight on a paper towel and they stll might not be totally dry. I would shake the neb pieces to make sure they were dry and sometimes I would find water droplets coming out of the part where the tubing joins the neb cup. This is the reason I bought the Germ Guardian.

Also if I cannot boil my neb pieces right away I handwash them then boil later when it is convenient for me...then put it in the Germ Guardian to dry for my next treatment.

Hope this helps.

Jem

Hope this helps.

Jem

Hope this helps.

Jem

Hope this helps.