Clinic Yesterday

folione

What do we give our 5 year old to get him to gain weight? Anything he wants. We aim to get some semblance of balanced meals into him over the course of a day but don't really sweat it if some days he has ice cream 3 times. We also make sure to give him a snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon.

I don't know how old your child is, but some calorie-laden things the boy eats regularly besides ice-cream are whole-milk YoBaby smoothies that we mix with half/half + whole milk for every meal; various granola bars and "energy" bars; fried chicken; steak; refried beans on tortillas.

folione

What do we give our 5 year old to get him to gain weight? Anything he wants. We aim to get some semblance of balanced meals into him over the course of a day but don't really sweat it if some days he has ice cream 3 times. We also make sure to give him a snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon.

I don't know how old your child is, but some calorie-laden things the boy eats regularly besides ice-cream are whole-milk YoBaby smoothies that we mix with half/half + whole milk for every meal; various granola bars and "energy" bars; fried chicken; steak; refried beans on tortillas.

folione

folione

folione

<br />
<br />I don't know how old your child is, but some calorie-laden things the boy eats regularly besides ice-cream are whole-milk YoBaby smoothies that we mix with half/half + whole milk for every meal; various granola bars and "energy" bars; fried chicken; steak; refried beans on tortillas.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When I give DS pancakes -- I buy the mix where I have to add eggs, milk and oil. I also put butter on them so it melts into the pancake after I pull them off the griddle. I put whole milk and a dollop of cream in his cereal. DS got tired of chocolate carnation instant breakfast, so I switched to vanilla -- I mix a package with whole milk and an ounce of cream.

I add olive oil to noodles and casserole. I try to add extra butter or oil to DS's foods. Butter on PBJ sandwiches, grilled cheese...

DS also likes to snack on peanuts or sunflower nuts... I also keep snacks in my car. So when I pick him up from preschool he can eat crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars...during the short ride home

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When I give DS pancakes -- I buy the mix where I have to add eggs, milk and oil. I also put butter on them so it melts into the pancake after I pull them off the griddle. I put whole milk and a dollop of cream in his cereal. DS got tired of chocolate carnation instant breakfast, so I switched to vanilla -- I mix a package with whole milk and an ounce of cream.

I add olive oil to noodles and casserole. I try to add extra butter or oil to DS's foods. Butter on PBJ sandwiches, grilled cheese...

DS also likes to snack on peanuts or sunflower nuts... I also keep snacks in my car. So when I pick him up from preschool he can eat crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars...during the short ride home

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I add olive oil to noodles and casserole. I try to add extra butter or oil to DS's foods. Butter on PBJ sandwiches, grilled cheese...
<br />
<br />DS also likes to snack on peanuts or sunflower nuts... I also keep snacks in my car. So when I pick him up from preschool he can eat crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars...during the short ride home
<br />

Liza

Boost those carnation instant breakfasts with some dry milk, add some cream (table cream if you can find it in your area), half & half, or the heavy whipping cream. As with anything they love and eat repeatedly, they are going to get tired of it so that's normal. Add chocolate if she likes chocolate, if she likes hot chocolate add some marshmallows or whipped cream.

Depending on where you live, Chick-fil-A has great nuggets, they are small yet have alot of calories. As does KFC popcorn chicken. The small size Wendy's choc. Frosty has a ton of calories. Peanut butter crackers, those little cheese rounds that come in red & yellow wrappers, it comes in a little net bag. They are kind of expensive though, like $3.45 or so for like 6 little rounds of cheese.

For fast food places, you can go on-line and see their nutrition info.

Frequent small meals or snacks. Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Loads of calories in a little package. Just look at the serving size.

Good luck, you/she can do it! Mine were/are picky eaters too.

Liza

Boost those carnation instant breakfasts with some dry milk, add some cream (table cream if you can find it in your area), half & half, or the heavy whipping cream. As with anything they love and eat repeatedly, they are going to get tired of it so that's normal. Add chocolate if she likes chocolate, if she likes hot chocolate add some marshmallows or whipped cream.

Depending on where you live, Chick-fil-A has great nuggets, they are small yet have alot of calories. As does KFC popcorn chicken. The small size Wendy's choc. Frosty has a ton of calories. Peanut butter crackers, those little cheese rounds that come in red & yellow wrappers, it comes in a little net bag. They are kind of expensive though, like $3.45 or so for like 6 little rounds of cheese.

Frequent small meals or snacks. Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Loads of calories in a little package. Just look at the serving size.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />Depending on where you live, Chick-fil-A has great nuggets, they are small yet have alot of calories. As does KFC popcorn chicken. The small size Wendy's choc. Frosty has a ton of calories. Peanut butter crackers, those little cheese rounds that come in red & yellow wrappers, it comes in a little net bag. They are kind of expensive though, like $3.45 or so for like 6 little rounds of cheese.
<br />
<br />For fast food places, you can go on-line and see their nutrition info.
<br />
<br />Frequent small meals or snacks. Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Loads of calories in a little package. Just look at the serving size.
<br />
<br />Good luck, you/she can do it! Mine were/are picky eaters too.
<br />
<br />
<br />