Clubbing

anonymous

Does anyone no of a website that has pictures of mild clubbing? OR, would anyone mind posting pictures of their own mild clubbing? I have a 14 yr old ds who has very atypical asthma. Cystic fibrosis is one possible diagnosis that has been mentioned. One dr felt that ds has mild clubbing, another says no. All I can find online are pictures of severe clubbing which is obviously no help. Thanks!

anonymous

Instead of getting yourself crazeee with pics of clubbed fingers. Why not get a sweat test done on your child and then you will know if he/she has CF. I do hope that is not the case, but I would just get the test and not worry yourself with all the symptoms. Just a suggestion

wuffles

Ditto to what has been said above. There are many, many things that can cause finger clubbing and it's definitely not a way to diagnose!

To give an answer anyway:
I have mild clubbing and the main things about my fingers is that the nail bed puffs up instead of just leaning in towards the nail, and my nails are extremely convex, rounding downwards. The thing you see in the pictures you'll find of severe clubbing that can't really be identified on my fingers is the extremely enlarged fingertips.

anonymous

I have Crohn's and my fingers, especially my nails, are clubbed. They are curved and worsen during flare-ups. My son's CF doctor said it can also be hereditary.

Bubbalove

I'm not sure if this is trie, but my boyfriend's nurse said that clubbing is a sign of all sort of respiratory problems/diseases- not just CF