cold medicine

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Simply saline is an aerosol saline spray OTC. I've gotten it at walmart. With DS and regular saline spray, I noticed that sometimes I'd get a backwash effect. When I'd spray the saline up his nose, it'd suck his extra thick boogies out and back into the bottle -- Cringe! So this works much better for him and the spray is a lot lighter.

Oh, and DS is 5 and has been doing saline rinses for the last year. I bought a kit for myself, but ended up using it on him 'cuz I noticed he was really congested on one side. He thinks it's cool like a science project. It's amazing what comes out of that tiny little nose.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Simply saline is an aerosol saline spray OTC. I've gotten it at walmart. With DS and regular saline spray, I noticed that sometimes I'd get a backwash effect. When I'd spray the saline up his nose, it'd suck his extra thick boogies out and back into the bottle -- Cringe! So this works much better for him and the spray is a lot lighter.

Oh, and DS is 5 and has been doing saline rinses for the last year. I bought a kit for myself, but ended up using it on him 'cuz I noticed he was really congested on one side. He thinks it's cool like a science project. It's amazing what comes out of that tiny little nose.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Oh, and DS is 5 and has been doing saline rinses for the last year. I bought a kit for myself, but ended up using it on him 'cuz I noticed he was really congested on one side. He thinks it's cool like a science project. It's amazing what comes out of that tiny little nose.

cheygemini

Zinc lozenges (I grind one up and give it to her with a little water) every few hours has been proven to shorten colds. Also Umcka and Elderberry. Get at health food store. Limit sugar and dairy.

---------------------------------
Willow, mom to Cheyenne 3, w/cf

cheygemini

Zinc lozenges (I grind one up and give it to her with a little water) every few hours has been proven to shorten colds. Also Umcka and Elderberry. Get at health food store. Limit sugar and dairy.

cheygemini

cheygemini

cheygemini

<br />
<br />---------------------------------
<br />Willow, mom to Cheyenne 3, w/cf