colds / sinus infections (??)

Finley56

Is it normal to have blood in the mucus?

My daughter has had a cold for the last 3 or 4 days. Yesterday I noticed that when she was blowing her nose, the mucus is grayish & theres blood in it.

I know her dr told me way back when that her mucus might be grayish from the pulmozyme, but Im just wondering if thats a normal thing for there to be blood in it, or if thats a sign for concern...

Ive already put a call into her dr. Just waiting to get a call back. But I thought Id post & see if anyone knows about it.

Finley56

My daughter has had a cold for the last 3 or 4 days. Yesterday I noticed that when she was blowing her nose, the mucus is grayish & theres blood in it.

I know her dr told me way back when that her mucus might be grayish from the pulmozyme, but Im just wondering if thats a normal thing for there to be blood in it, or if thats a sign for concern...

Ive already put a call into her dr. Just waiting to get a call back. But I thought Id post & see if anyone knows about it.

Finley56

JazzysMom

Common yes....Normal no! Given this is a first time I would definitely contact the doctor. For me the blood could be anything from the dry air of my homes heating system to too much caffein in my diet to an actual infection. Most CFers take a Vitamin K supplement of some sort since we dont absorb VItamin K well & it helps clot the blood. I wouldnt panic, but definitely inquire so you can learn the differences over time.

JazzysMom

Common yes....Normal no! Given this is a first time I would definitely contact the doctor. For me the blood could be anything from the dry air of my homes heating system to too much caffein in my diet to an actual infection. Most CFers take a Vitamin K supplement of some sort since we dont absorb VItamin K well & it helps clot the blood. I wouldnt panic, but definitely inquire so you can learn the differences over time.

JazzysMom

NoExcuses

well i often get blood in my nose especially when i was in Flonase. It has alcohol in it and often gave me nose bleeds. Even when I'm not on flonase, I would get bloody noses from blowing so hard.

if it's from the lungs, i would be worried. from the nose, not so much. that happens with kids.

NoExcuses

well i often get blood in my nose especially when i was in Flonase. It has alcohol in it and often gave me nose bleeds. Even when I'm not on flonase, I would get bloody noses from blowing so hard.

if it's from the lungs, i would be worried. from the nose, not so much. that happens with kids.

NoExcuses