Colistin info please..First time to try it

C

crazygrl1747

I couldnt tolerate tobi anymore so now were trying Colistin..Has this helped you? Anything i should know? Just any info would be great :)

keefer11

Colistin has been useful for me!

Colisitin has helped me a lot over the years, especially when I feel a cold coming on or after traveling & I'm congested. I do it every other month & haven't had any side effects besides a little sticky mouth at night when I go to sleep. After I mix it with the sterile water I wait about 10 minutes before I use it. One mixed solution can last about 24 hours, so if you don't do the 2 doses within 24 hours throw it out. Also when you are mixing the sterile water into the medication, try and push the water into the vial slowly, to create less bubbles, don't just push it in quickly.

I've found Colistin to be much more tolerable than Tobi & takes a lot less time. Good luck!

longtimer

Make sure you mix it with sterile water and not saline. Mix it up in the morning before you need it and put it in the refrigerator. This helps get the foam out. If it tastes funny to you then suck on a hard piece of candy when you do it. If it does not make you better after the month ends then ask about Cayston nebs. Some people need albuterol before colistin or tobi and then tolerte it better.

CyrilCrodius

What kevin9877 said. Use it right after it was mixed. Do NOT follow longtimer's advice.

It is very sticky, much stickier than Tobi, so keep it away from electronics.