Collapsed Lung Anyone?

anonymous

i dont know if i have ever had a collasped lung, but after reading this i think i may have. a little less than 2 weeks ago i was having really sharp pain on my side. it hurt to breath and especially to cough. this went on for about a week and a half and now i'm fine, i thought it was a pulled muscle or something. i was having a hard time breathing during this. does this sound like a collasped lung?

anonymous

i dont know if i have ever had a collasped lung, but after reading this i think i may have. a little less than 2 weeks ago i was having really sharp pain on my side. it hurt to breath and especially to cough. this went on for about a week and a half and now i'm fine, i thought it was a pulled muscle or something. i was having a hard time breathing during this. does this sound like a collasped lung?

Allie

Ry completely collapsed his left lung once. He said it was a sudden, intense pain and he felt like he couldn't breathe at all. Scared to death, thought that he was going to die. IT was terrrifying, the xray was a total whiteout on the left side. He was around 30% PFt around then, I want to say. Luckily, the ambulance came and got him and he was fine after treatment, but they had to insert a chest tube and watch him for a few day, hoping that it would re-expand fully. Most certainly not one of my favorite moments in life.

Allie

Ry completely collapsed his left lung once. He said it was a sudden, intense pain and he felt like he couldn't breathe at all. Scared to death, thought that he was going to die. IT was terrrifying, the xray was a total whiteout on the left side. He was around 30% PFt around then, I want to say. Luckily, the ambulance came and got him and he was fine after treatment, but they had to insert a chest tube and watch him for a few day, hoping that it would re-expand fully. Most certainly not one of my favorite moments in life.

Rokiss12

i had one once after an asthma attack (they told me i coughed so hard, that it punctured my lung), so supposedly it was kinda bad i guess. i was like 8, so i dont remember it that much, other then the fact that it really hurt...

its kinda funny thouhg, because i used that experience as my essay for getting into the school that im at now :p

ttyl!
Kate

Rokiss12

i had one once after an asthma attack (they told me i coughed so hard, that it punctured my lung), so supposedly it was kinda bad i guess. i was like 8, so i dont remember it that much, other then the fact that it really hurt...

its kinda funny thouhg, because i used that experience as my essay for getting into the school that im at now :p

ttyl!
Kate

CowTown

Is a collapsed lung something you need to worry about getting when you're working out? You know when you're on the treadmill or doing some activity and your lungs/rib cage ache so bad they feel like they're going to pop and you're breathing like a crazy monster, can you collapse a lung then? Are they easy to get with CF?

CowTown

Is a collapsed lung something you need to worry about getting when you're working out? You know when you're on the treadmill or doing some activity and your lungs/rib cage ache so bad they feel like they're going to pop and you're breathing like a crazy monster, can you collapse a lung then? Are they easy to get with CF?

anonymous

Ok now I am totally freaking out. I have been VERY short of breath for three weeks and I can tell my lungs are really inflamed. When I cough I feel like someone is stabbing me in the back, it hurts so much. Some days are better than others but all the time I am short of breath. When I go up a flight of stairs it hurts so much I am dizzy. No antibiotics are working. sound like a collapsed lung?

-Sue 23 w/CF

anonymous

Ok now I am totally freaking out. I have been VERY short of breath for three weeks and I can tell my lungs are really inflamed. When I cough I feel like someone is stabbing me in the back, it hurts so much. Some days are better than others but all the time I am short of breath. When I go up a flight of stairs it hurts so much I am dizzy. No antibiotics are working. sound like a collapsed lung?

-Sue 23 w/CF

thelizardqueen

I'd say go to your local emergency room if you're that worried. No one on here can tell you for sure that its a collapsed lung. Has your doctor taken x-rays?

thelizardqueen

I'd say go to your local emergency room if you're that worried. No one on here can tell you for sure that its a collapsed lung. Has your doctor taken x-rays?

damiensmom

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Allie</b></i><br>Ry completely collapsed his left lung once. He said it was a sudden, intense pain and he felt like he couldn't breathe at all. Scared to death, thought that he was going to die. IT was terrrifying, the xray was a total whiteout on the left side. He was around 30% PFt around then, I want to say. Luckily, the ambulance came and got him and he was fine after treatment, but they had to insert a chest tube and watch him for a few day, hoping that it would re-expand fully. Most certainly not one of my favorite moments in life.<hr></blockquote>

You are the only that replied to On Oxygen. Damiens left lung completly collapessed and total white x ray. In I.C.U chest tube and on the machine that makes you breath.At 7 pounds and 3 months old. last x ray still all white Will that ever change? Did Your husband ever come off Oxygen once he started at home?

damiensmom

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Allie</b></i><br>Ry completely collapsed his left lung once. He said it was a sudden, intense pain and he felt like he couldn't breathe at all. Scared to death, thought that he was going to die. IT was terrrifying, the xray was a total whiteout on the left side. He was around 30% PFt around then, I want to say. Luckily, the ambulance came and got him and he was fine after treatment, but they had to insert a chest tube and watch him for a few day, hoping that it would re-expand fully. Most certainly not one of my favorite moments in life.<hr></blockquote>

You are the only that replied to On Oxygen. Damiens left lung completly collapessed and total white x ray. In I.C.U chest tube and on the machine that makes you breath.At 7 pounds and 3 months old. last x ray still all white Will that ever change? Did Your husband ever come off Oxygen once he started at home?

shauna

i've never really worried about getting a collapsed lung or anything before but this has really scared me!! though once my sister had really sharp pains in her chest and back and she went to the doc but he said it was a punctured lung, i dont know how different they are?

shauna

i've never really worried about getting a collapsed lung or anything before but this has really scared me!! though once my sister had really sharp pains in her chest and back and she went to the doc but he said it was a punctured lung, i dont know how different they are?

anonymous

My son who is now 4 had a lower left lobe collapsed when he was 3, he spent 3 weeks in the hosiptal and then home IV. We had NO clue! He never complained about it.

anonymous

My son who is now 4 had a lower left lobe collapsed when he was 3, he spent 3 weeks in the hosiptal and then home IV. We had NO clue! He never complained about it.

CowTown

Does this just happen out of the blue or can anyone relate the occurance to something you were doing, an activity or anything?

CowTown

Does this just happen out of the blue or can anyone relate the occurance to something you were doing, an activity or anything?