College and Clean outs.

robert321

I'm glad someone posted about this, was about to myself, i have a dr appointment monday that i don't see going well and may spend the next 2 weeks locked up, which is beyond inconvient for about 4 different reasons other than missed school. I think my professors will be understanding, at least all but one i think, the guy who thinks he knows everything, afterall, he did spend 2 years on a nudist hippie commune... oy... I'm going to go ahead and email my monday wednesday teachers now and talk to the tuesday thursday teachers tomorrow.

robert321

I'm glad someone posted about this, was about to myself, i have a dr appointment monday that i don't see going well and may spend the next 2 weeks locked up, which is beyond inconvient for about 4 different reasons other than missed school. I think my professors will be understanding, at least all but one i think, the guy who thinks he knows everything, afterall, he did spend 2 years on a nudist hippie commune... oy... I'm going to go ahead and email my monday wednesday teachers now and talk to the tuesday thursday teachers tomorrow.

robert321

robert321

robert321

krisgabes

I was in college for a Bachelors degree and then I went on to my Masters degree. Anytime I needed to do IV's I went on home iv's and I literally did them in the middle of class. At first it was a little weird, but you get so used to it. As long as your doctors think you're in good enough health that you don't require hospitalization ask them about doing the home infusions. They're these small like baby bottle types of things and totally portable. There is no need for gravity drip bags anymore.

Your school doesn't need to know about it. It's your own business. And don't let any professors bully you into telling them what is going on unless you want to tell them. Registering with Disabilities may be something you want to look into, it's worth a trip, you know?

Good luck, and if you ever want to talk about any college issues and CF feel free to pm

krisgabes

I was in college for a Bachelors degree and then I went on to my Masters degree. Anytime I needed to do IV's I went on home iv's and I literally did them in the middle of class. At first it was a little weird, but you get so used to it. As long as your doctors think you're in good enough health that you don't require hospitalization ask them about doing the home infusions. They're these small like baby bottle types of things and totally portable. There is no need for gravity drip bags anymore.

Your school doesn't need to know about it. It's your own business. And don't let any professors bully you into telling them what is going on unless you want to tell them. Registering with Disabilities may be something you want to look into, it's worth a trip, you know?

Good luck, and if you ever want to talk about any college issues and CF feel free to pm

krisgabes

krisgabes

krisgabes

<br />
<br />Your school doesn't need to know about it. It's your own business. And don't let any professors bully you into telling them what is going on unless you want to tell them. Registering with Disabilities may be something you want to look into, it's worth a trip, you know?
<br />
<br />Good luck, and if you ever want to talk about any college issues and CF feel free to pm

CountryGirl

Hey, I've been going to college for a while now and being registered with The Office Of Students With Dissabilities definitely helps, they help communicate with the professors and arrange for note takers and other things you may need. I've had to withdraw many times and also take incompletes before I had my transplant.

Also, my doctors allowed me to do home IVs, just sometimes they want you to start off the first couple of days in the hospital and then send you home. I usually spent like three days in while they got the Tobra levels under control and then went home and just scheduled my med times around my classes. I don't see why they wouldn't let you go home on home IV as long as you keep up with it, which I'm sure wont be a problem.

Goodluck.

CountryGirl

Hey, I've been going to college for a while now and being registered with The Office Of Students With Dissabilities definitely helps, they help communicate with the professors and arrange for note takers and other things you may need. I've had to withdraw many times and also take incompletes before I had my transplant.

Also, my doctors allowed me to do home IVs, just sometimes they want you to start off the first couple of days in the hospital and then send you home. I usually spent like three days in while they got the Tobra levels under control and then went home and just scheduled my med times around my classes. I don't see why they wouldn't let you go home on home IV as long as you keep up with it, which I'm sure wont be a problem.

Goodluck.

CountryGirl

Goodluck.

CountryGirl

Goodluck.

CountryGirl

<br />
<br />Also, my doctors allowed me to do home IVs, just sometimes they want you to start off the first couple of days in the hospital and then send you home. I usually spent like three days in while they got the Tobra levels under control and then went home and just scheduled my med times around my classes. I don't see why they wouldn't let you go home on home IV as long as you keep up with it, which I'm sure wont be a problem.
<br />
<br />Goodluck.

Vampy

i cannot thank you enough for posting on this forum. college is very very important to me and i seem to be doing really well with it, i just hate to see it go down the drain because of a clean out and hopefully if i can talk to the drs about home treatments they will allow me to do that which i can tell them i will stay with my bf bc he doesnt smoke but the person i live with does, he offered me to stay with him while i do a home treatment. its getting to that point i need a clean out i cant hardly breath and im short of breaht and i keep coughing. my hospital seems fond of treating me like a irrisponsible child so i am trying very hard to show them and eveyrone else that im not and that i would appreciate being talked to and treated like an adult considering i am nearly 25 and i have a near 3 year old son and im in college. I cannot afford to go in a hospital for two weeks its nearly impossible right now.

Vampy

i cannot thank you enough for posting on this forum. college is very very important to me and i seem to be doing really well with it, i just hate to see it go down the drain because of a clean out and hopefully if i can talk to the drs about home treatments they will allow me to do that which i can tell them i will stay with my bf bc he doesnt smoke but the person i live with does, he offered me to stay with him while i do a home treatment. its getting to that point i need a clean out i cant hardly breath and im short of breaht and i keep coughing. my hospital seems fond of treating me like a irrisponsible child so i am trying very hard to show them and eveyrone else that im not and that i would appreciate being talked to and treated like an adult considering i am nearly 25 and i have a near 3 year old son and im in college. I cannot afford to go in a hospital for two weeks its nearly impossible right now.

Vampy

Vampy

Vampy