College, Help?

krisgabes

I didn't get sick where it interfered with work until my junior year of college. Some professors were extremely understanding and others were not. I guess it's the luck of the draw. I was also interning and just the same, some supervisors were understanding and others were not. The bottom line and the best advice, which I'm echoing the other entries here, is to create an open outlet with your professors if you are struggling with the workload. That way, if someone is trying to give you a hard time, you can let an administrator know that you took that step in trying to work with the professor. They may be able to speak to the professor and intervene to create a way to help you get the work done at your own pace.

Another idea that I agree with that was mentioned is to check out the Disabilities office on campus. I was disappointed that I had not found out about its existence until I graduated school, but they may be able to make special accomodations and advocate on your behalf to anyone who tries to make any excess trouble for you.

Good luck!

krisgabes

I didn't get sick where it interfered with work until my junior year of college. Some professors were extremely understanding and others were not. I guess it's the luck of the draw. I was also interning and just the same, some supervisors were understanding and others were not. The bottom line and the best advice, which I'm echoing the other entries here, is to create an open outlet with your professors if you are struggling with the workload. That way, if someone is trying to give you a hard time, you can let an administrator know that you took that step in trying to work with the professor. They may be able to speak to the professor and intervene to create a way to help you get the work done at your own pace.

Another idea that I agree with that was mentioned is to check out the Disabilities office on campus. I was disappointed that I had not found out about its existence until I graduated school, but they may be able to make special accomodations and advocate on your behalf to anyone who tries to make any excess trouble for you.

Good luck!

krisgabes

Good luck!

krisgabes

Good luck!

krisgabes

<br />
<br />Another idea that I agree with that was mentioned is to check out the Disabilities office on campus. I was disappointed that I had not found out about its existence until I graduated school, but they may be able to make special accomodations and advocate on your behalf to anyone who tries to make any excess trouble for you.
<br />
<br />Good luck!