Columbia or Mass General

JenDiS

<div>Time has come for me to start looking into transplant and centers. Because I live in Connecticut, these two hospitals are the ones my doctor has told me to gather information about.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>If anyone that has had a transplant at any of these centers has any information on their experiences- good or bad, I would love to hear it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Im sure I am going to come up with a ton of questions about transplant in general as I continue to gather my information, but any information from transplantees would be great to make a pros and cons list!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thank you for any help!</div>

<hr style="text-align: left; width: 15%;" />

JenDiS

Time has come for me to start looking into transplant and centers. Because I live in Connecticut, these two hospitals are the ones my doctor has told me to gather information about.

If anyone that has had a transplant at any of these centers has any information on their experiences- good or bad, I would love to hear it.

Im sure I am going to come up with a ton of questions about transplant in general as I continue to gather my information, but any information from transplantees would be great to make a pros and cons list!

Thank you for any help!

JenDiS

Time has come for me to start looking into transplant and centers. Because I live in Connecticut, these two hospitals are the ones my doctor has told me to gather information about.

If anyone that has had a transplant at any of these centers has any information on their experiences- good or bad, I would love to hear it.

Im sure I am going to come up with a ton of questions about transplant in general as I continue to gather my information, but any information from transplantees would be great to make a pros and cons list!

Thank you for any help!
<p>

NYCLawGirl

jen -- i went to col pres. have had a very positive experience (great docs, amazing surgeons, very thorough center). my one complaint about them is that they are large, and that is great b/c it means they get a lot of lungs and do a lot of txs, but bad in the sense that you can get lost in the shuffle. or so i hear, anyway. my honest experience has been exactly the opposite as i find them very attentive.

i know a person who had a negative experience with MGH. i'm sure there are pluses and minuses to both centers. have you considered B&W? i do know a lot of people who chose that center over MGH for a variety of reasons.

feel free to PM me for more info/personal experiences.

NYCLawGirl

jen -- i went to col pres. have had a very positive experience (great docs, amazing surgeons, very thorough center). my one complaint about them is that they are large, and that is great b/c it means they get a lot of lungs and do a lot of txs, but bad in the sense that you can get lost in the shuffle. or so i hear, anyway. my honest experience has been exactly the opposite as i find them very attentive.

i know a person who had a negative experience with MGH. i'm sure there are pluses and minuses to both centers. have you considered B&W? i do know a lot of people who chose that center over MGH for a variety of reasons.

feel free to PM me for more info/personal experiences.

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />i know a person who had a negative experience with MGH. i'm sure there are pluses and minuses to both centers. have you considered B&W? i do know a lot of people who chose that center over MGH for a variety of reasons.
<br />
<br />feel free to PM me for more info/personal experiences.

cf4life

I believe mass general does not do very many lung transplants. I have heard they are revamping their program and may be doing more in the future. Brigham and womens does many more compared to Mass General. At least that is my understanding of the two programs.

cf4life

I believe mass general does not do very many lung transplants. I have heard they are revamping their program and may be doing more in the future. Brigham and womens does many more compared to Mass General. At least that is my understanding of the two programs.

cf4life

rubyroselee

My experience at MGH was very negative and I would not recommend that place to anyone; however, I do know a few people that go there and have been happy with them. I go to B&W/Children's and I think they would be a much better choice.

rubyroselee

My experience at MGH was very negative and I would not recommend that place to anyone; however, I do know a few people that go there and have been happy with them. I go to B&W/Children's and I think they would be a much better choice.

rubyroselee