combo76( is new) posted this on someones topic

kaylasdad

I didn't write this (kaylasdad) this is someone elses and they posted it on someone elses post and they are new here so i thought i would post it for them , hope they don't mind. Didn't want them to miss out on any responses.

Okay, this is my first time writing on this board, I have been searching it for quite a while now. My daughter's eyes constantly water, and they always leave white streaks on her face. I have taken her to an eye doctor, and they say everything is fine. Are these streaks a symptom / sign of CF? Oddly enough, my son was tested for CF b/c he had some type of test that revealed a cell regulator that wasn't working properly, the test was "normal", and we never pursued further testing. My daughter also have serious sinus/running nose problems, all the time, gone to an allergist ( they can't find anything), we tried "drying"her up but none of the meds worked so I pulled her off of them. She wheezes most of the time, so the Ped gave her a neb - and then after noticing how often she was sick - they sent me for a sweat test -long story short - it came back normal at 11.

I appreciate any advice, or if anyone out there knows of anyone else these streaks have happen to - I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. I am thinking about asking for the genetic testing - but am hesitant because of her number. Her tears leaving streaks really bothers me, b/c it is all the time, more so than her wheezing / slight cough/ constant sinus infections. Again - thanks!

-------------------------
mom 2y sweat test 11

kaylasdad

I didn't write this (kaylasdad) this is someone elses and they posted it on someone elses post and they are new here so i thought i would post it for them , hope they don't mind. Didn't want them to miss out on any responses.

Okay, this is my first time writing on this board, I have been searching it for quite a while now. My daughter's eyes constantly water, and they always leave white streaks on her face. I have taken her to an eye doctor, and they say everything is fine. Are these streaks a symptom / sign of CF? Oddly enough, my son was tested for CF b/c he had some type of test that revealed a cell regulator that wasn't working properly, the test was "normal", and we never pursued further testing. My daughter also have serious sinus/running nose problems, all the time, gone to an allergist ( they can't find anything), we tried "drying"her up but none of the meds worked so I pulled her off of them. She wheezes most of the time, so the Ped gave her a neb - and then after noticing how often she was sick - they sent me for a sweat test -long story short - it came back normal at 11.

I appreciate any advice, or if anyone out there knows of anyone else these streaks have happen to - I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. I am thinking about asking for the genetic testing - but am hesitant because of her number. Her tears leaving streaks really bothers me, b/c it is all the time, more so than her wheezing / slight cough/ constant sinus infections. Again - thanks!

mom 2y sweat test 11

kaylasdad

mom 2y sweat test 11

kaylasdad

mom 2y sweat test 11

kaylasdad

<br />
<br />
<br />Okay, this is my first time writing on this board, I have been searching it for quite a while now. My daughter's eyes constantly water, and they always leave white streaks on her face. I have taken her to an eye doctor, and they say everything is fine. Are these streaks a symptom / sign of CF? Oddly enough, my son was tested for CF b/c he had some type of test that revealed a cell regulator that wasn't working properly, the test was "normal", and we never pursued further testing. My daughter also have serious sinus/running nose problems, all the time, gone to an allergist ( they can't find anything), we tried "drying"her up but none of the meds worked so I pulled her off of them. She wheezes most of the time, so the Ped gave her a neb - and then after noticing how often she was sick - they sent me for a sweat test -long story short - it came back normal at 11.
<br />
<br />I appreciate any advice, or if anyone out there knows of anyone else these streaks have happen to - I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. I am thinking about asking for the genetic testing - but am hesitant because of her number. Her tears leaving streaks really bothers me, b/c it is all the time, more so than her wheezing / slight cough/ constant sinus infections. Again - thanks!
<br />
<br />-------------------------
<br />mom 2y sweat test 11

T

TonyaH

Well, I can understand your concern. The weezing, sinus problems, etc. alone would not necessarily lead you to Cf. However, the white streaking on her face sounds very much like my son. When he cries, or when perspiration runs down his face it dries white salt. His hairline after exercising is crispy with salt crystals around it. But, his sweat test number was very high.

Do your children have any digestive problems? That is another symptom of many CFers, but not all. Some CFers are pancreatic sufficient.

You did not mention how old your children are. Sometimes it is difficult to get a good sweat test from a baby because of their ability to sweat. We were lucky. At two months Andrews numbers were still extremely conclusive. But I would talk to your doctor about your concerns and find out if they have every heard of the Ambry full panel CF test, which tests for the largest number of known CF mutations.

Whatever you decide, remember that you are your children's advocate. Whatever the problem might be, diagnosing it and treating it early and effectively is the goal. Don't be afraid to get a second oppinion!

Keep us posted, and good luck!

T

TonyaH

Well, I can understand your concern. The weezing, sinus problems, etc. alone would not necessarily lead you to Cf. However, the white streaking on her face sounds very much like my son. When he cries, or when perspiration runs down his face it dries white salt. His hairline after exercising is crispy with salt crystals around it. But, his sweat test number was very high.

Do your children have any digestive problems? That is another symptom of many CFers, but not all. Some CFers are pancreatic sufficient.

You did not mention how old your children are. Sometimes it is difficult to get a good sweat test from a baby because of their ability to sweat. We were lucky. At two months Andrews numbers were still extremely conclusive. But I would talk to your doctor about your concerns and find out if they have every heard of the Ambry full panel CF test, which tests for the largest number of known CF mutations.

Whatever you decide, remember that you are your children's advocate. Whatever the problem might be, diagnosing it and treating it early and effectively is the goal. Don't be afraid to get a second oppinion!

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

<br />
<br />Do your children have any digestive problems? That is another symptom of many CFers, but not all. Some CFers are pancreatic sufficient.
<br />
<br />You did not mention how old your children are. Sometimes it is difficult to get a good sweat test from a baby because of their ability to sweat. We were lucky. At two months Andrews numbers were still extremely conclusive. But I would talk to your doctor about your concerns and find out if they have every heard of the Ambry full panel CF test, which tests for the largest number of known CF mutations.
<br />
<br />Whatever you decide, remember that you are your children's advocate. Whatever the problem might be, diagnosing it and treating it early and effectively is the goal. Don't be afraid to get a second oppinion!
<br />
<br />Keep us posted, and good luck!

thefrogprincess

Pursue the genetic tests! There are a ton of stories on this forum about people with normal sweat test numbers who DO have CF. Please for your daughter's sake and your peace of mind get it done.

thefrogprincess

Pursue the genetic tests! There are a ton of stories on this forum about people with normal sweat test numbers who DO have CF. Please for your daughter's sake and your peace of mind get it done.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

combo76

Thank you for your concern. My daughter is 2, and my son will be 5 next month. My son has had so many "issues" with digestion it is scary. He has bone problems, and bowel issues. They (drs.) can't find a thing - except he has low vit D, they did a sweat test on him 2 yrs ago, and it came up "normal". My daughter has an extended belly - it hurts me to look at her trying to pull herself up, that is the only digestive issue she has. The dr suggested a sweat test, so we did, and as I had said before, it was 11. But she really does have so many symptoms, and as a mother, they symptoms upset me, especially the streaks, because I honestly have never seen a child have the white lines. That is why I reached out for help.
How does the genetic testing really work? Is it a simple routine blood draw? I am beginning to think maybe I should just go to my dr, and get genetic testing, I am just confused. Thank you again.

combo76

Thank you for your concern. My daughter is 2, and my son will be 5 next month. My son has had so many "issues" with digestion it is scary. He has bone problems, and bowel issues. They (drs.) can't find a thing - except he has low vit D, they did a sweat test on him 2 yrs ago, and it came up "normal". My daughter has an extended belly - it hurts me to look at her trying to pull herself up, that is the only digestive issue she has. The dr suggested a sweat test, so we did, and as I had said before, it was 11. But she really does have so many symptoms, and as a mother, they symptoms upset me, especially the streaks, because I honestly have never seen a child have the white lines. That is why I reached out for help.
How does the genetic testing really work? Is it a simple routine blood draw? I am beginning to think maybe I should just go to my dr, and get genetic testing, I am just confused. Thank you again.

combo76

combo76

combo76

<br />How does the genetic testing really work? Is it a simple routine blood draw? I am beginning to think maybe I should just go to my dr, and get genetic testing, I am just confused. Thank you again.