Comments on Real World cast memeber.

AbsintheSorrow

Just as an added note... my mom quit smoking shortly after I was born. And I missed Frankie's mom smoking around her, but that is really irresponsible.

EmilysMom

Quick note.....There was a little girl in our school system with CF whose parents both smoked like chimneys. This little girl always came to school smelling like smoke. She died at the age of 11. Think second hand smoke had any effect on this child?

anonymous

Hey this is Katie from New Jersey, and i have CF. Its a pain dealing with it all the time. Also all the boyfriends i had i never told them because i thought it was not important for them to know. NOw that im 18 i want to try to tell him but its just so hard. thanks for your time Katie

anonymous

Well I watched the whole season of the Real World. And that chick Frankie, is a party gurl who just likes to have fun in her life. Just like the other 5 people that she was living w/. Well out of the 5 people that she was living w/ only one person knew that she had CF. Well to me the only thing that she did bad was smoking. Like in every single show u saw she was smoking a cigeratte in her hand. N I was told if u take one puff of a cig. u will end up in the hospital. But now that I c this gurl smoking I guess there wronge. But one day her lungs will get bad and she will regret it. I think she did a good job leaving the show. I mean she really fell in love w/ this one boi and she wanted to c this band on Halloween w/ him. So she desided to leave the show.. And I think that is so sweet. If a guy ever did that to me I would marry him. lol! But Id think that drinking is bad at all. I mean I do it and nothing seems to happen. Like before I hit 24 Im hoping to be on the Real World like Frankie..

anonymous

I am 20 yrs old, female and also have CF. i study at university and live in my own apartment.
my health had always been a good one until I got 18 and was infected with pseudomonas for the first time. that surely was a great shock, I had to stay in hospital where they tried to remove it, but unfortunately without much success. after this i was very depressed but then i told myself that life goes on and i am doing much more sports now and take more care of myself. now my lungs have improved again. there`s a lot you CAN do...like food, sports, try alternative medical stuff and the therapy too, of course. all these things together still let me live a good life.
I also had my rebellion days but now i `m old enough to be more responsible.
i think it`s a good idea to show cf on tv... and especially to show, that people with this disease are not only sitting at home, doing nothing no more.
but what i don`t like is a) the way frankie behaves- smoking, taking no medication- if you accept your disease, you should also accept the things that are to do and the things you should not do...
and b) all these discussions about dying soon...i mean sure, this disease is very serious, but it doesn`t mean that everyone who has it immediately dies, at least when he has reached the year of 35. every patient is individual and you can`t say how future will be...the average age is increasing and as already mentioned, you can do a lot to keep yourself healthy.
I am so fed up with so many sites only talking about "cf- deadly disease"...that creates a really wrong picture! so many of us are strong and fighting persons who still enjoy their lives and won`t give up!
KEEP FIGHTING !
julienne<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="mailto:proxima_estacion_esperanza@hotmail.com">you can write me an email!</a><font color=white style="background-color: 3E3E3E;">BE STRONG!</font ft><b>Text</b>

anonymous

This post goes back 18 months, and what a huge amount of readers!! I did not see any of the series in question, it was quite a revelation to read all the responses, and see the different views on the CF character. There must be alot more awareness now of the disease, it's really up to the individual CF'er, how, they want to betray their illness and how they cope is again their decision.

anonymous

Ok was Frankie the post person most want for cf? NO!! Did she want to be no she did not! My clinic raised a big fuss about this and wanted everyone to contact the network and ask for a disclaimer to be posted at the end of the show about cf. They as well as some of the other clinics in the state contacted the network and got no repley. She was also in a tattoo magazine and the info she gave to them of cf was much better. As well as her stating that she did not have health major problems till after 18. Other then being tiny from the gi problems. She had came back and shortly there after had to do a few stints in the hospital. I have never watched the show aside from two episoded from the season with her on it. But she is an adult and very well knows the statis of her health as well as the effects of the things she has done to herself while she smoked. Also tv tends to show the things that they will get people to watch and there is much editing. Don't judge a book by it's cover.