Comments/Questions by relatives

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<P>Okay, I should consider this one of those "teachable" moments, but this weekend I was a bit blindsided by an older relative who has a bit of a medical background as a surgical equipment salesperson asking if DS was going to "out grow that" as he gestured toward DS doing his vest & nebs.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>I said -- well when he outgrows the vest part, I just call the company and they send a new one.  "No, he says, how long will he have to do his vest?"   Ahhhhh, it's suddenly becoming clearer what he's asking...  And then he adds "will he outgrow cf?"  </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Being that we deal with this everyday and in the summer we see DH's cousins, aunts, extended family pretty much every single weekend and we've been doing CPT or the vest since DS was a week old -- I guess I assumed everyone knew.  </P>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<P>Okay, I should consider this one of those "teachable" moments, but this weekend I was a bit blindsided by an older relative who has a bit of a medical background as asurgical equipment salespersonasking if DS was going to "out grow that" as he gestured toward DS doing his vest & nebs.</P>
<P></P>
<P>I said -- well when he outgrows the vest part, I just call the company and they send a new one. "No, he says, how long will he have to do his vest?" Ahhhhh, it's suddenly becoming clearer what he's asking... And then he adds "will he outgrow cf?" </P>
<P></P>
<P>Being that we deal with this everyday and in the summer we see DH's cousins, aunts, extended family pretty much every single weekend and we've been doing CPT or the vest since DS was a week old -- I guess I assumed everyone knew. </P>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<P><BR>Okay, I should consider this one of those "teachable" moments, but this weekend I was a bit blindsided by an older relative who has a bit of a medical background as asurgical equipment salespersonasking if DS was going to "out grow that" as he gestured toward DS doing his vest & nebs.</P>
<P></P>
<P>I said -- well when he outgrows the vest part, I just call the company and they send a new one. "No, he says, how long will he have to do his vest?" Ahhhhh, it's suddenly becoming clearer what he's asking... And then he adds "will he outgrow cf?" </P>
<P></P>
<P>Being that we deal with this everyday and in the summer we see DH's cousins, aunts, extended family pretty much every single weekend and we've been doing CPT or the vest since DS was a week old -- I guess I assumed everyone knew. </P>

JORDYSMOM

<P>They really don't understand it.  They don't take the time to educate themselves, which for me is the hurtful part.  If they love my child, why don't they learn all the can about his disease?!</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Stacey</P>

JORDYSMOM

<P>They really don't understand it. They don't take the time to educate themselves, which for me is the hurtful part. If they love my child, why don't they learn all the can about his disease?!</P>
<P></P>
<P>Stacey</P>

JORDYSMOM

<P>They really don't understand it. They don't take the time to educate themselves, which for me is the hurtful part. If they love my child, why don't they learn all the can about his disease?!</P>
<P></P>
<P>Stacey<BR></P>

Fran

My SISTERS (who I talk to several times a week) sometimes ask me if DS still does physio and uses a nebuliser, so nothing surprises me really.

Fran

My SISTERS (who I talk to several times a week) sometimes ask me if DS still does physio and uses a nebuliser, so nothing surprises me really.

Fran