Common cold vs. CF flare up

ymikhale

I have been going exactly through the same thing. It seems like my daughter never really has a flare up, it is always a cold with a backdrip causing a cough, but I still panick so much and kind of feel relieved when they put her on orals. But of course in the back of my mind there is this nagging thought that she might become resistent to them.

So basically when it is not an exacerbation our cF doctor puts her on abx to make sure it does not turn into one.

ymikhale

I have been going exactly through the same thing. It seems like my daughter never really has a flare up, it is always a cold with a backdrip causing a cough, but I still panick so much and kind of feel relieved when they put her on orals. But of course in the back of my mind there is this nagging thought that she might become resistent to them.

So basically when it is not an exacerbation our cF doctor puts her on abx to make sure it does not turn into one.

ymikhale

ymikhale

ymikhale

<br />
<br />
<br />So basically when it is not an exacerbation our cF doctor puts her on abx to make sure it does not turn into one.

PlumPerfect

this is the same thing we have been going through.. I always call the dr after 3 days. she usually always puts him on abx. He also culture pseudamonas, and staff a. so if we let a cold go to long it could be taken over by those and colonize his lungs, so we like us caution. I am going to ask about tonsil removal because it seems he always starts with sinus issues, so maybe if we can get that under control it will help. My cousin who just turned 29 w CF just got hers removed and she is urging me to get B's out. She said it has cut down on sickness a lot with her and she think any one with sinus issues and cf should just get them out.
I also wonder if it could be an allergy issue I would have them check that too B has a morning cough and it goes away once he takes his antihistamine.

PlumPerfect

this is the same thing we have been going through.. I always call the dr after 3 days. she usually always puts him on abx. He also culture pseudamonas, and staff a. so if we let a cold go to long it could be taken over by those and colonize his lungs, so we like us caution. I am going to ask about tonsil removal because it seems he always starts with sinus issues, so maybe if we can get that under control it will help. My cousin who just turned 29 w CF just got hers removed and she is urging me to get B's out. She said it has cut down on sickness a lot with her and she think any one with sinus issues and cf should just get them out.
I also wonder if it could be an allergy issue I would have them check that too B has a morning cough and it goes away once he takes his antihistamine.

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

<br />I also wonder if it could be an allergy issue I would have them check that too B has a morning cough and it goes away once he takes his antihistamine.

K

kaylee04cassidy08

took her back to the doc today and he put her on her second round of augmentin. 3 weeks this time tho.....

K

kaylee04cassidy08

took her back to the doc today and he put her on her second round of augmentin. 3 weeks this time tho.....

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08