Compressor for nebulizer

jjflash

I'm hoping someone has a brilliant idea to help me out.

I'm looking for a quieter compressor to use with my nebbed drugs at work. Right now I have the ProNeb Ultra, and I find myself not doing treatments that I should because I don't want to create the noise. Now, yes I do realize that it's not that loud. With my door closed, only the one office i share a wall with can really hear anything with a nebulous mechanical type sounds in the hall and in other offices around me. I know intellectually that a random mechanical rumble sound will probably not even be noticed by others, much less minded, but I mind.

As a result of my being uncomfortable with the noise, I only do nebbed meds at work if I'm there on the weekend or at night/early in the morning.

Hence my question: do you know of a compressor that operates more quietly than the Proneb Ultra? Since I'm not doing treatments at all right now, I'd definitely be willing to entertain one that takes longer or is perhaps slightly less effective based on the particle sizes it is able to create. Would still beat doing nothing!

At work, the main drugs I find myself wanting to neb that I currently don't are Albuterol and saline, so this hopefully makes finding a compressor that will get the job done easier. I on occasion do Tobi or Pulmozyme at work, but generally that's when i'm in the office outside of normal hours, so I can keep using the Proneb Ultra that I have at work.

Any other thoughts on ways to do the nebs at work that is more team friendly? I know I could get an inverter and do them in the car, but I'm hesitant to do that for several reasons. 1-It means I have to walk away from my work for a while (never fun). 2-It would mean I would have to sit in the car which isn't amazingly comfortable. 3-Many months out of the year it's really too hot to have to be sitting in the car. 4-It would necessitate my carrying the nebs through the whole building to sterilize them rather than within my office or just down to the break room of my firm as I do now.

To give context for those who might have advice: I work in a firm about about 50 people. We all have individual offices with walls and solid doors. I am in a hall that is the base of a long, skinny u. There is a file room on one of my walls, our hr woman on another wall, and halls on the other two walls.

I know I could do albuterol with a MDI, but I find that is much less effective in preventing spasms and useless coughs. So, if you have any knowledge about a quieter compressor, I would love to hear it. (Also, while I like my Pari LCs, I would definitely be willing to use a different nebulizer if I needed to in order to make the most of a different compressor.)

Finally, while I'm not excited about paying huge hunks of money and I'm guessing my insurance might be slow to pick up an expensive compressor (though they did pay 100% for the second proneb ultra), I think the health effects of having a compressor that I'm comfortable using during normal business hours are almost certainly substantial enough to justify whatever cost a compressor happens to be. I keep thinking that if I understood more about hte Eflow it might be an option, but I'm no where near understanding all of the cost, availability, special preparation of drugs, etc that are needed for it.

Help, Help help!!

jjflash

I'm looking for a quieter compressor to use with my nebbed drugs at work. Right now I have the ProNeb Ultra, and I find myself not doing treatments that I should because I don't want to create the noise. Now, yes I do realize that it's not that loud. With my door closed, only the one office i share a wall with can really hear anything with a nebulous mechanical type sounds in the hall and in other offices around me. I know intellectually that a random mechanical rumble sound will probably not even be noticed by others, much less minded, but I mind.

As a result of my being uncomfortable with the noise, I only do nebbed meds at work if I'm there on the weekend or at night/early in the morning.

Hence my question: do you know of a compressor that operates more quietly than the Proneb Ultra? Since I'm not doing treatments at all right now, I'd definitely be willing to entertain one that takes longer or is perhaps slightly less effective based on the particle sizes it is able to create. Would still beat doing nothing!

At work, the main drugs I find myself wanting to neb that I currently don't are Albuterol and saline, so this hopefully makes finding a compressor that will get the job done easier. I on occasion do Tobi or Pulmozyme at work, but generally that's when i'm in the office outside of normal hours, so I can keep using the Proneb Ultra that I have at work.

Any other thoughts on ways to do the nebs at work that is more team friendly? I know I could get an inverter and do them in the car, but I'm hesitant to do that for several reasons. 1-It means I have to walk away from my work for a while (never fun). 2-It would mean I would have to sit in the car which isn't amazingly comfortable. 3-Many months out of the year it's really too hot to have to be sitting in the car. 4-It would necessitate my carrying the nebs through the whole building to sterilize them rather than within my office or just down to the break room of my firm as I do now.

To give context for those who might have advice: I work in a firm about about 50 people. We all have individual offices with walls and solid doors. I am in a hall that is the base of a long, skinny u. There is a file room on one of my walls, our hr woman on another wall, and halls on the other two walls.

I know I could do albuterol with a MDI, but I find that is much less effective in preventing spasms and useless coughs. So, if you have any knowledge about a quieter compressor, I would love to hear it. (Also, while I like my Pari LCs, I would definitely be willing to use a different nebulizer if I needed to in order to make the most of a different compressor.)

Finally, while I'm not excited about paying huge hunks of money and I'm guessing my insurance might be slow to pick up an expensive compressor (though they did pay 100% for the second proneb ultra), I think the health effects of having a compressor that I'm comfortable using during normal business hours are almost certainly substantial enough to justify whatever cost a compressor happens to be. I keep thinking that if I understood more about hte Eflow it might be an option, but I'm no where near understanding all of the cost, availability, special preparation of drugs, etc that are needed for it.

Help, Help help!!

jjflash

Help, Help help!!

john81john

Hi , look at this my post...hope it helps

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=9458&highlight_key=y&keyword1=eflow%20rapid">PARI eflow and other devices</a>

john81john

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=9458&highlight_key=y&keyword1=eflow%20rapid">PARI eflow and other devices</a>

john81john

lilmac7

I use this one <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://omrondistributor.com/Pages/omron_nebulizer_nec21.shtml">http://omrondistributor.com/Pa..._nebulizer_nec21.shtml</a> and it works fine for me, sometimes they're on ebay too for cheaper

lilmac7

I use this one <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://omrondistributor.com/Pages/omron_nebulizer_nec21.shtml">http://omrondistributor.com/Pa..._nebulizer_nec21.shtml</a> and it works fine for me, sometimes they're on ebay too for cheaper

lilmac7

jjflash

How big is the omron? Is it basically a compressor and a nebulizer combined? And so you just get replacement parts for it rather than new nebs?

You just hold the whole thing while using it?

Any additional thoughts on the Omron NE-U22v?

jjflash

How big is the omron? Is it basically a compressor and a nebulizer combined? And so you just get replacement parts for it rather than new nebs?

jjflash

Anns

Mark,<br>
Thanks for the ebay ideal, never thought about looking there, they
have everything, your one stop store...I was thinking about buying
the Omron NE-U22v, as a second neb, we have he eflow, but it is too
expensive to take on the go and risk losing or damaging.  SO I
was thinking  this portable Omron one would be perfect to
throw in bag or purse and was going to order one on their website
w/ my credit card, but then they said u needed to get script, so
that temporaily  stopped me, but on ebay, u can get them for
more than $40 cheeper and no script needed.<br>
Thanks again.<br>
here is the site at ebay, i will prob purchase one from if anyone
else has used ebay for neb, let me know how it went.<br>
Thanks<br>
http://cgi.ebay.com/OMRON-NE-U22v-PORTABLE-NEBULIZER-NIB_W0QQitemZ120045650273QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75079QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<br>

or the pari trek s is listed on ebay for $149, prehaps this is a
better choice, anyone have experience w/ this one?<br>

Anns

Mark,<br>
Thanks again.<br>
Thanks<br>
http://cgi.ebay.com/OMRON-NE-U22v-PORTABLE-NEBULIZER-NIB_W0QQitemZ120045650273QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75079QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<br>

Anns

Mark,<br>
Thanks again.<br>
Thanks<br>

lilmac7

it has the nebulizer and compressor in one, it also has a piece that you can get for it that has the tube if you want to use a different nebulizer instead, you can get a battery for it too which is usefull for plane trips when you cant get to a socket or you wont be in a car for a while. I find the nebulizer that it comes with to work just fine and you just buy replacements for it like every 6 months or so depending on how often you use it, also replacement filters. There's another portable one that they have (I belive that's the other one you're asking about) also that I want to try getting when I can afford it and from what I've read operates just like the Pari e-flow without the huge price tag, but it's more expensive than this one and not sure if all medications can be done with it, I posted a reply with that in another post about the e-flow you can read about it there or just go to www.omrondistributor.com
The nebulizer part (of the NEC21)is cleaned just like the Pari LC as it can be boiled, it's quite durable and compact, it comes with a little bag to carry it in with all the cords and I also carry my medications in there too. Very convenient for the office and it allows me to not have to go home after work to do the nebulizer then go to the gym, I just do it at work befor I leave, change and straight to the gym. The dimmensions of it is (I'm guestimating,lol) anout 4.5-5 inches tall, 1.5 inch thick and 3 inches wide, so basically it fits in your hand. Anymore questions let me know.

lilmac7

it has the nebulizer and compressor in one, it also has a piece that you can get for it that has the tube if you want to use a different nebulizer instead, you can get a battery for it too which is usefull for plane trips when you cant get to a socket or you wont be in a car for a while. I find the nebulizer that it comes with to work just fine and you just buy replacements for it like every 6 months or so depending on how often you use it, also replacement filters. There's another portable one that they have (I belive that's the other one you're asking about) also that I want to try getting when I can afford it and from what I've read operates just like the Pari e-flow without the huge price tag, but it's more expensive than this one and not sure if all medications can be done with it, I posted a reply with that in another post about the e-flow you can read about it there or just go to www.omrondistributor.com
The nebulizer part (of the NEC21)is cleaned just like the Pari LC as it can be boiled, it's quite durable and compact, it comes with a little bag to carry it in with all the cords and I also carry my medications in there too. Very convenient for the office and it allows me to not have to go home after work to do the nebulizer then go to the gym, I just do it at work befor I leave, change and straight to the gym. The dimmensions of it is (I'm guestimating,lol) anout 4.5-5 inches tall, 1.5 inch thick and 3 inches wide, so basically it fits in your hand. Anymore questions let me know.

lilmac7