considering a feeding tube

Pumpkinnut3

My daughter got a Mic-Key button put in when she was 6. Her doctors had brought it up long before that but I never thought twice about it. She always did well with eating when she was healthy but still never gained much. When she was sick, however, eating was the first thing to go. After the surgery we started connecting her at night and she would get about 1/2 of her caloric needs for the day. I worried too about her not wanting to eat as much during the day but it ended up being the total opposite for us. Becuase we werent fighting to get so many calories in per day eaitng wasn't such a chore, we could just get them in her at night.

Pumpkinnut3

My daughter got a Mic-Key button put in when she was 6. Her doctors had brought it up long before that but I never thought twice about it. She always did well with eating when she was healthy but still never gained much. When she was sick, however, eating was the first thing to go. After the surgery we started connecting her at night and she would get about 1/2 of her caloric needs for the day. I worried too about her not wanting to eat as much during the day but it ended up being the total opposite for us. Becuase we werent fighting to get so many calories in per day eaitng wasn't such a chore, we could just get them in her at night.

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3

luvluvluv

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, it is very helpful when trying to reach a decision and weighing the options. pjspiegle not at all anal, very organized.

luvluvluv

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, it is very helpful when trying to reach a decision and weighing the options. pjspiegle not at all anal, very organized.

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Just my 2 cents here...

Both my boys got g-tubes in March 04 when they were 9 and 13. It has made a remarkable difference for them in terms of weight, height and overall health. The issue we had was more emotional. Overall it has been a very good thing.

PM me if you have questions, I'd be happy to help.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Just my 2 cents here...

Both my boys got g-tubes in March 04 when they were 9 and 13. It has made a remarkable difference for them in terms of weight, height and overall health. The issue we had was more emotional. Overall it has been a very good thing.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Just my 2 cents here...

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Just my 2 cents here...

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Just my 2 cents here...
<br />
<br />Both my boys got g-tubes in March 04 when they were 9 and 13. It has made a remarkable difference for them in terms of weight, height and overall health. The issue we had was more emotional. Overall it has been a very good thing.
<br />
<br />PM me if you have questions, I'd be happy to help.