Considering a second child...What did you do?

alabamamom

Just to share my thougts as well....my husband and I are also trying to decide on PGD or donor sperm. We are both carriers and our daughter DOES NOT (Thank YOU GOD) have cf. But my sister did. I spend my whole life knowing that I'd eventually lose her and 6 years ago, I did. Knowing what she went through, I couldn't risk having a child with cf or put my daughter through having a sibling with cf (I know that's where I'm different than most ppl on here..most parents here do have a child with cf, but I'm just sharing my point of view). After we lost my sister, and after I had my daughter and had her tested, and after we finally found out we were both carriers, my mother's advice on having another child (naturally) was that "it isn't worth it". Having my mom say that, drawing from the experience with her own child, was very powerful to me. We do not plan on chancing it, but have not decided on our "method".

alabamamom

Just to share my thougts as well....my husband and I are also trying to decide on PGD or donor sperm. We are both carriers and our daughter DOES NOT (Thank YOU GOD) have cf. But my sister did. I spend my whole life knowing that I'd eventually lose her and 6 years ago, I did. Knowing what she went through, I couldn't risk having a child with cf or put my daughter through having a sibling with cf (I know that's where I'm different than most ppl on here..most parents here do have a child with cf, but I'm just sharing my point of view). After we lost my sister, and after I had my daughter and had her tested, and after we finally found out we were both carriers, my mother's advice on having another child (naturally) was that "it isn't worth it". Having my mom say that, drawing from the experience with her own child, was very powerful to me. We do not plan on chancing it, but have not decided on our "method".

alabamamom