Constipation Question????

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Prune juice never ever worked for us. We always ended up using milk of mag for several days and would get DS cleaned out and back on track. At the time I was worried it was a blockage, that we'd never get things figured out and he'd be on milk of mag or miralax forever, that it'd be a vicious cycle... Last time I used milk of Mag was last summer when he went thru a picky toddler eating phase. Otherwise we've been pretty good since he was about 2.

BTW, weird toddler things. Every THING is a coconut right now. I'm a coconut, he's going to HIT me with a coconut, it was coconut-giving on Thursday, he claims he wants to eat coconut for dinner and wanted to get his grandmother a coconut for her birthday last week. Drives me batty!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Prune juice never ever worked for us. We always ended up using milk of mag for several days and would get DS cleaned out and back on track. At the time I was worried it was a blockage, that we'd never get things figured out and he'd be on milk of mag or miralax forever, that it'd be a vicious cycle... Last time I used milk of Mag was last summer when he went thru a picky toddler eating phase. Otherwise we've been pretty good since he was about 2.

BTW, weird toddler things. Every THING is a coconut right now. I'm a coconut, he's going to HIT me with a coconut, it was coconut-giving on Thursday, he claims he wants to eat coconut for dinner and wanted to get his grandmother a coconut for her birthday last week. Drives me batty!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JRPandTJP

That's funny Liza. Ben won't let us call him by his name sometimes. He becomes Bob the Builder and that is all we are aloud to call him. Sometimes he is Jim...Julia made that one up but it works the same.

He can send me a coconut...I love them ;-)

Jody

JRPandTJP

That's funny Liza. Ben won't let us call him by his name sometimes. He becomes Bob the Builder and that is all we are aloud to call him. Sometimes he is Jim...Julia made that one up but it works the same.

Jody

JRPandTJP

Jody

Scarlett81

I don't know if anyone said this, but what has always worked for me is prune juice-I'm sure it might be hard to get the kids to like it. But my mom always gave me that, instead of med stool softeners-she was concerned about them taking all the good bacterias from the intestinal tract, which its proven they do.
Anyhoo, I still do the prune juice thing today. Works great. A small glass in the am and pm is good.

Scarlett81

I don't know if anyone said this, but what has always worked for me is prune juice-I'm sure it might be hard to get the kids to like it. But my mom always gave me that, instead of med stool softeners-she was concerned about them taking all the good bacterias from the intestinal tract, which its proven they do.
Anyhoo, I still do the prune juice thing today. Works great. A small glass in the am and pm is good.

Scarlett81