Constipation?

meaniejean

Thank you for your replies. I have been so stressed out about this. He had another dose of lactulose this morning. He hasn't had a real poop since Monday (just the watery, mucusy stuff on Wed with the supp.) - before that it had been 14 days. The ped wants me to give him a suppository today, but I really don't want to keep doing that to him. For all I know there really isn't much in there - or there is something in there that isn't going to come out without a lot of help. It seems lately that he cannot poop without a suppository.

You guys are right - I need to put an end to this. He vomited today two hours after he had eaten. In my book that is vomiting, not spitting up. I'm really afraid that he is not keeping anything down.

Okay, I am going to call the ped right now and tell them they need to find out if there is a blockage. I just read on the lactulose that it is contraindicated in intestinal obstruction ...

Thank you or helping me help my son. I just get so nervous with doctors.
I am so inspired by the people on this site. Really, truly some strong and caring people.

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

Thank you for your replies. I have been so stressed out about this. He had another dose of lactulose this morning. He hasn't had a real poop since Monday (just the watery, mucusy stuff on Wed with the supp.) - before that it had been 14 days. The ped wants me to give him a suppository today, but I really don't want to keep doing that to him. For all I know there really isn't much in there - or there is something in there that isn't going to come out without a lot of help. It seems lately that he cannot poop without a suppository.

You guys are right - I need to put an end to this. He vomited today two hours after he had eaten. In my book that is vomiting, not spitting up. I'm really afraid that he is not keeping anything down.

Okay, I am going to call the ped right now and tell them they need to find out if there is a blockage. I just read on the lactulose that it is contraindicated in intestinal obstruction ...

I am so inspired by the people on this site. Really, truly some strong and caring people.

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

<br />
<br />You guys are right - I need to put an end to this. He vomited today two hours after he had eaten. In my book that is vomiting, not spitting up. I'm really afraid that he is not keeping anything down.
<br />
<br />Okay, I am going to call the ped right now and tell them they need to find out if there is a blockage. I just read on the lactulose that it is contraindicated in intestinal obstruction ...
<br />
<br />Thank you or helping me help my son. I just get so nervous with doctors.
<br />I am so inspired by the people on this site. Really, truly some strong and caring people.
<br />
<br />All the best,
<br />Sandra

angie1984

my son had lots of trouble with constipation we tried everything the only thing that helped for him was miralax you might try it you can buy it over the counter now.

angie1984

my son had lots of trouble with constipation we tried everything the only thing that helped for him was miralax you might try it you can buy it over the counter now.

angie1984

angie1984

angie1984