Coping with CF & your job

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

My daughter was fired from her job after Grayson was born. They said that they didn't think she would be able to concentrate on her job with a sick baby. We tried to fight it and contacted an ATTY, no such luck he told us that the company was to small to offer FMLA and that there was no laws for parents with handicapped children regarding there employment....So now she is jobless and with the loss of her income(she worked there right out of highschool for 8 yrs.) its really hard. Its hard to believe that on top of having a baby with CF the place you worked at for all those yrs could not be a little flexible.....Laws need to be changed.,....

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

My daughter was fired from her job after Grayson was born. They said that they didn't think she would be able to concentrate on her job with a sick baby. We tried to fight it and contacted an ATTY, no such luck he told us that the company was to small to offer FMLA and that there was no laws for parents with handicapped children regarding there employment....So now she is jobless and with the loss of her income(she worked there right out of highschool for 8 yrs.) its really hard. Its hard to believe that on top of having a baby with CF the place you worked at for all those yrs could not be a little flexible.....Laws need to be changed.,....

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

V

valigirl21

So far I have been blessed in that my job only reqires that I keep up with my work, which I do. However, the time I miss is now possibly preventing me from getting an office manager position b/c my boss is worried about how my being out of the office is going to effect my ability to do that type of job; of course, he's also paranoid. That fear has kept me at this job even when I REALLY wanted to get a new one.

V

valigirl21

So far I have been blessed in that my job only reqires that I keep up with my work, which I do. However, the time I miss is now possibly preventing me from getting an office manager position b/c my boss is worried about how my being out of the office is going to effect my ability to do that type of job; of course, he's also paranoid. That fear has kept me at this job even when I REALLY wanted to get a new one.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21