Coughing stopped, strange feeling, low energy What is going on?

KaiserWilly

Hello everyone,
This is my first question. I am 48 years old and have had "asthma" all my life. In November of 2006 I learned I have had CF the whole time but they couldn't figure it out. My question is :
I used to cough a whole lot and it was generally productive. I rarely slept well and always had to sleep cold otherwise I would cough all night. Recently I have generally stopped coughing and I feel like the sludge is adhering to the walls of the lung and is not near as bulky as it was. This makes it a real effort to cough up but recently I just don't feel the need to cough but I do get out of breath frequently and have to lean over to catch my breath.

I sleep with O2 and use Pulmozyne and the AirVest. Recently finished IV antibiotics but this problem preceded the IV. My PFT is at 24% to 30%. They want to have me meet the transplant team but I would really like to prop these lungs up a while longer. What the heck is going on and if you have any ideas on tuning up with my existing parts I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
Charles Hicks

KaiserWilly

Hello everyone,
This is my first question. I am 48 years old and have had "asthma" all my life. In November of 2006 I learned I have had CF the whole time but they couldn't figure it out. My question is :
I used to cough a whole lot and it was generally productive. I rarely slept well and always had to sleep cold otherwise I would cough all night. Recently I have generally stopped coughing and I feel like the sludge is adhering to the walls of the lung and is not near as bulky as it was. This makes it a real effort to cough up but recently I just don't feel the need to cough but I do get out of breath frequently and have to lean over to catch my breath.

I sleep with O2 and use Pulmozyne and the AirVest. Recently finished IV antibiotics but this problem preceded the IV. My PFT is at 24% to 30%. They want to have me meet the transplant team but I would really like to prop these lungs up a while longer. What the heck is going on and if you have any ideas on tuning up with my existing parts I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
Charles Hicks

KaiserWilly

Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Charles Hicks

KaiserWilly

Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Charles Hicks

KaiserWilly

Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Charles Hicks

Alyssa

Hi Charles,

I don't have any real great advice for you - other than to suggest you re-post this in the adult or adults with CF area because more people with CF will see it - the newly diagnosed section doesn't get a lot of traffic.

Best wishes.

Alyssa

Hi Charles,

I don't have any real great advice for you - other than to suggest you re-post this in the adult or adults with CF area because more people with CF will see it - the newly diagnosed section doesn't get a lot of traffic.

Best wishes.

Alyssa

Hi Charles,

Best wishes.

Alyssa

Hi Charles,

Best wishes.

Alyssa

Hi Charles,

Best wishes.