Coughing through the night, time for hospital?

FaeRush

It seems like it's time for another round of antibiotics, but sometimes I'm afraid it's something I hsould just learn to deal with. It's becoming unbearable, I've been laying here for 3 hours coughing. This is how it's been the past couple days. For a couple weeks now I've been coughing a lot at night and haven't felt well, but now especially, the coughing is much worse.

I normally do not have a productive cough, but I'm coughing up a lot of mucus now, and I have to get up every few minutes to spit it out if it comes all the way up.
Does this seem like a situation where I should call and say I feel I should be admitted?

FaeRush

It seems like it's time for another round of antibiotics, but sometimes I'm afraid it's something I hsould just learn to deal with. It's becoming unbearable, I've been laying here for 3 hours coughing. This is how it's been the past couple days. For a couple weeks now I've been coughing a lot at night and haven't felt well, but now especially, the coughing is much worse.

I normally do not have a productive cough, but I'm coughing up a lot of mucus now, and I have to get up every few minutes to spit it out if it comes all the way up.
Does this seem like a situation where I should call and say I feel I should be admitted?

FaeRush

<br />
<br />I normally do not have a productive cough, but I'm coughing up a lot of mucus now, and I have to get up every few minutes to spit it out if it comes all the way up.
<br />Does this seem like a situation where I should call and say I feel I should be admitted?

Giggles

For me if I am coughing through the night that is a CLEAR indication it is time for Oral Cipro and if that does not work after 5 days and not improving then tune up time. I just went through that and I am finishing up 2 weeks of IV's. Go see doc, get a pft and tell them how you feel, maybe it is tune up time.... Good luck and feel better!

Jennifer 38 soon 39 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

For me if I am coughing through the night that is a CLEAR indication it is time for Oral Cipro and if that does not work after 5 days and not improving then tune up time. I just went through that and I am finishing up 2 weeks of IV's. Go see doc, get a pft and tell them how you feel, maybe it is tune up time.... Good luck and feel better!

Jennifer 38 soon 39 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 soon 39 with CF and CFRD

LouLou

night coughing is incideous. it wears you out and prevents you from allowing your body to heal. also it makes daytime tiredness worse. for me it is one of my first signs something's up. also, if I were you I wouldn't lay there trying to sleep. get up and do a neb/vest treatment then return to bed. I'd call your doc and see what your numbers are. might be time for abx and depending on your sensitivity might mean IVs. I choose to do home IVs with no admit but if you can't get proper rest at home you might want to go in.

LouLou

night coughing is incideous. it wears you out and prevents you from allowing your body to heal. also it makes daytime tiredness worse. for me it is one of my first signs something's up. also, if I were you I wouldn't lay there trying to sleep. get up and do a neb/vest treatment then return to bed. I'd call your doc and see what your numbers are. might be time for abx and depending on your sensitivity might mean IVs. I choose to do home IVs with no admit but if you can't get proper rest at home you might want to go in.

LouLou