coughing up badly at nights

K

kguben

coughing up badly at nights-help???

Hello everyone
My daughter 4,5 years old sometimes, may be once a month, has bad caughings at nights for max 2-3 days. Morning time everything is normal only nights she has bad cough after a 4-5 hours everything goes up. Shall i consider as she is throwing up and be happy for her or is there anything that i must do for her? Any comments please?

S

suros8

This happens to my husband as well. It's really hard to watch him go through it. Also difficult to be woken at night and not get enough sleep to function the next day. We aren't sure why it's happening, and not sure if something we've done has helped. He uses sleeping pills if it goes on for longer time periods. We have tried a humidifier, essential oils, and hydrating before bed. I'd love to hear if anyone else has this issue and what you have done or tried. My main question is why? Why does this happen at night?!

ericalogalbo

I have not been diagnosed as CF, but have been diagnosed as an asthma patient 10 years ago and get horrible sinus infections at least twice a year. My question is that for the past 6-8 months I have had this phlem??? build up in the back of my throat that won't go away and breathing is tough at times and my inhalers are not working anymore. Do you all think that I was misdiagnosed and really have CF and it has just gotten worse since being diagnosed as an asthma patient?

shellbell

I had that same issue for years and my doctor put me on Imeprozole and had me buy a slant pillow to sleep on. I never even thought I had acid reflux but this combination has stopped my coughing at night. Hope this helps!

imported_Momto2

I have found that keeping our bedroom very cold (around 60 or below) makes a huge difference. We also have some wooden blocks under the head of the bed, so the whole bed is slanted. We also have wood floors and wipe down the room with a wet rag at least once a week.

If I try to stay at a hotel, no matter how "clean" and pricey, the coughing is so bad it isnt worth it.

W

windex125

I also find keeping the room at 60 is a big help to me, I do use 02 at night and the added pillow for the slant, all seem to help but I think once we lay still the mucus just lays there or moves somewhat and causes the airways to clog, I remember telling the doctor the minute I change postions I start coughing. Def. try the slanting I think that is a big thing. Pat/59