coughing up blood

nicolaj

I no we have spoke about this topic many many times, so i dont expect it to go on and on. Just need some reassurance and advice really?
Ive always had abit of blood now and again in my sputum, which has never bothered me. But in the last few weeks, i have been coughing up alot of blood on its own without any sputum. It really scares me! The other day, i was watching tv, feeding my niece when i felt my whole chest loosen. I knew straight away it was going to be blood. Luckily i had a pot to spit it out. i would say i coughed up about 3 table spoons of blood?? i have had alot of chest pain recently and i have been out of breath. Been on iv antibiotics for 4days now, but still bleeding about once a day. Any one any theories of what the hell is going on? is it infection? damage? i just think its a very scary thing to experience. i no my lungs are not in as good condition as they were. thats why im considering a lung transplant.
All advice welcome!!

nicola xxx

nicolaj

I no we have spoke about this topic many many times, so i dont expect it to go on and on. Just need some reassurance and advice really?
Ive always had abit of blood now and again in my sputum, which has never bothered me. But in the last few weeks, i have been coughing up alot of blood on its own without any sputum. It really scares me! The other day, i was watching tv, feeding my niece when i felt my whole chest loosen. I knew straight away it was going to be blood. Luckily i had a pot to spit it out. i would say i coughed up about 3 table spoons of blood?? i have had alot of chest pain recently and i have been out of breath. Been on iv antibiotics for 4days now, but still bleeding about once a day. Any one any theories of what the hell is going on? is it infection? damage? i just think its a very scary thing to experience. i no my lungs are not in as good condition as they were. thats why im considering a lung transplant.
All advice welcome!!

nicola xxx

nicolaj

All advice welcome!!

nicola xxx

nicolaj

All advice welcome!!

nicola xxx

nicolaj

All advice welcome!!

nicola xxx

nicolaj

All advice welcome!!

nicola xxx

JazzysMom

IF it was pure blood with no chest pain or SOB I wouldnt be as concerned. Since you have been on meds for about 4 days now it is either aggrivating it OR you arent on the right meds. IF it continues contact the doctor. Its scary & frustrating especially when you are doing what you are "suppose" to be. Do you takei Vitamin K supplement? If not it is something to consider since that is one that we dont absorb well & its needed for clotting. HUGS to you.....

JazzysMom

IF it was pure blood with no chest pain or SOB I wouldnt be as concerned. Since you have been on meds for about 4 days now it is either aggrivating it OR you arent on the right meds. IF it continues contact the doctor. Its scary & frustrating especially when you are doing what you are "suppose" to be. Do you takei Vitamin K supplement? If not it is something to consider since that is one that we dont absorb well & its needed for clotting. HUGS to you.....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

NoExcuses

1. infection eats away at your lungs. lungs are very vascular (their role is to oxygenate the blood so it makes sense) so it's no suprise that the infection would cause bleeding

2. are you in the hospital? it might be wise, if you're experiencing so much hemoptasis, to hang out in the hospital while on IV's so they can monitor you more closely. Some people need to embolized when/if the bleeding doesn't stop, and being in the hospital is the place to be if/when this hapens.

3. if you're not in the hospital, make sure your doc is aware of what is going on. don't try to tough this out. let him know.

NoExcuses

1. infection eats away at your lungs. lungs are very vascular (their role is to oxygenate the blood so it makes sense) so it's no suprise that the infection would cause bleeding

2. are you in the hospital? it might be wise, if you're experiencing so much hemoptasis, to hang out in the hospital while on IV's so they can monitor you more closely. Some people need to embolized when/if the bleeding doesn't stop, and being in the hospital is the place to be if/when this hapens.

3. if you're not in the hospital, make sure your doc is aware of what is going on. don't try to tough this out. let him know.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

nicolaj

no im not in the hospital at the moment. I do all my treatment at home with the help of my mum. The hospital is aware of the bleeding and have given me tranexamic acid tablets 4times a day to help with clotting.
Never thought of vitamin k. maybe worth a try?

nicolaj

no im not in the hospital at the moment. I do all my treatment at home with the help of my mum. The hospital is aware of the bleeding and have given me tranexamic acid tablets 4times a day to help with clotting.
Never thought of vitamin k. maybe worth a try?