Coughing

imported_Momto2

I was also told no cough meds, primarily because it might keep me from coughing stuff up. UMM, ok, if I am coughing super hard every minute and breaking ribs, that is not good. The cough meds damp the coughing down to once every 5 minutes. I have a super-reactive cough reflex. Yes, you should listen to your doctor, but they are giving you guidelines, they are not supreme beings. Use your own judgement. I suffered for years from blindly following "advice" that I took to be gospel. MCGrad2006 hit it on the nose- if your life is ultimately better with the med, then do it, only you can be the judge of the quality of your life.

Vampy- broken ribs with CF SUCKS. Just plain sucks. It takes them months to heal, since you never really stop coughing. In my case, they stayed weak and I broke them again, or I snapped a few on the other side. I started with pulled muscles and pleursy too. Just dont go there girl!!

PS The doc I have now supports my choices wholeheartedly. : )

imported_Momto2

I was also told no cough meds, primarily because it might keep me from coughing stuff up. UMM, ok, if I am coughing super hard every minute and breaking ribs, that is not good. The cough meds damp the coughing down to once every 5 minutes. I have a super-reactive cough reflex. Yes, you should listen to your doctor, but they are giving you guidelines, they are not supreme beings. Use your own judgement. I suffered for years from blindly following "advice" that I took to be gospel. MCGrad2006 hit it on the nose- if your life is ultimately better with the med, then do it, only you can be the judge of the quality of your life.

Vampy- broken ribs with CF SUCKS. Just plain sucks. It takes them months to heal, since you never really stop coughing. In my case, they stayed weak and I broke them again, or I snapped a few on the other side. I started with pulled muscles and pleursy too. Just dont go there girl!!

PS The doc I have now supports my choices wholeheartedly. : )

Vampy

See i would cough so much at night that i couldnt get even 2 hours of sleep, i couldnt lay down id have to lay at a angle to try to get any rest. i have noticed my ribs been hurting more a lil more then usual. Which i just figured from doing to much with the new move into the bigger house. well at least i know about the rib breaking coughing, so i know it shouldnt be a surprise if it happens again.