could tobi cause pinkeye?

chevbacher

i was interested to see that you brought this up.we use Gentamycin nebs. and my 2 year olds eyes get very red every few weeks. they get bad and than get better after a few days. i recently took her to the opthamologist who has no idea what it is. he agreed though with my thought that the mist that escapes the sides of the mask is possibly irritating her eyes...maybe the same is happening for your little one??please let me know if you learn anything further..
love,
chev

chevbacher

i was interested to see that you brought this up.we use Gentamycin nebs. and my 2 year olds eyes get very red every few weeks. they get bad and than get better after a few days. i recently took her to the opthamologist who has no idea what it is. he agreed though with my thought that the mist that escapes the sides of the mask is possibly irritating her eyes...maybe the same is happening for your little one??please let me know if you learn anything further..
love,
chev

chevbacher

love,
chev

chevbacher

love,
chev

chevbacher

<br />love,
<br />chev
<br />

2cfers

We had the same problem. Our son is 4 and was using a mask to neb TOBI and he had pink eyes also. I asked at clinic and they said that they had not heard that problem before but it had to be from the TObi. Some leaks out around the nose from time to time and it is sticky when you get it on your skin so it has to be irritating.

I am glad someone else had this problem. It did go away after he stopped the Tobi.

Christy

2cfers

We had the same problem. Our son is 4 and was using a mask to neb TOBI and he had pink eyes also. I asked at clinic and they said that they had not heard that problem before but it had to be from the TObi. Some leaks out around the nose from time to time and it is sticky when you get it on your skin so it has to be irritating.

I am glad someone else had this problem. It did go away after he stopped the Tobi.

Christy

2cfers

Christy

2cfers

Christy

2cfers

<br />
<br />I am glad someone else had this problem. It did go away after he stopped the Tobi.
<br />
<br />Christy